Border Patrol closes highway checkpoint as immigration surges


Summary

Lorem ipsum dolor

Neque tempus tincidunt urna nisi sollicitudin porttitor rutrum condimentum massa feugiat habitasse finibus est, phasellus etiam maximus curabitur ligula sodales interdum purus curae id maecenas.

Parturient quam placerat pharetra

Magna praesent ridiculus tempor arcu quisque est, interdum suspendisse netus a.


Full story

The Border Patrol shut down a highway checkpoint in the El Paso sector as the number of illegal crossings in the area skyrockets. Photos sent to Straight Arrow News by a source in El Paso show a checkpoint in New Mexico blocked off and unstaffed.

The Border Patrol El Paso sector denied the shutdown was related to the ongoing immigration influx. A public information officer said any checkpoint closure would have been temporary due to a staffing issue or possibly weather related.

Regardless of the reason, retired Border Patrol agent William Jackson explained to Straight Arrow News how shutting down these checkpoints can impact border security.

“Removing agents from checkpoints will allow illegal drugs and dangerous criminals to enter into our country unimpeded; this will jeopardize the safety and security of our communities,” Jackson said. “Also, it would increase the opportunity for the most vulnerable of our society to be trafficked and would decrease their chances of being rescued from their captors.”

On Saturday, El Paso Mayor Oscar Leeser declared a state of emergency after previously resisting the move. Leeser said the city is expecting the number of immigrants arriving everyday to increase from 2,500 to as many as 6,000 once Title 42 ends Wednesday. According to a public database maintained by the city, 10,349 immigrants were released onto the city’s streets during the week of Dec. 11-17.

I really believe that today our asylum-seekers are not safe as we have hundreds and hundreds on the streets and that’s not the way we want to treat people,” Leeser said at a news conference.

Leeser said he received assurances from Gov. Greg Abbott, R-Texas, that the state will speak with him before imposing any new immigration orders. The city is requesting the state provide assistance with staffing, law enforcement and transportation.

Gov. Abbott warned it will be “chaos” if Title 42 ends. He is advocating to keep it in place.

“Whether it’s COVID or some other issue, when you have people coming across the globe without knowing at all what their health status is, that almost by definition is a public health risk. There’s every reason to keep that in place,” Gov. Abott told ABC’s This Week.

Title 42 is a pandemic era immigration order that allows certain immigrants to be deported almost immediately on public health grounds. The Department of Homeland Security estimates anywhere from 9 thousand to 14 thousand immigrants could cross illegally every single day as a result.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams told city council members in an email that they should expect 1,000 asylum seekers to arrive on buses every week.

“We have diligently advocated for support from our Federal & State partners as we cannot continue to address this issue alone. We’ve already received more than 31,000 asylum seekers into our city, and currently have open 60 emergency shelters, four humanitarian relief centers, and two welcome centers,” Adams said in the email obtained by the New York Post.

On Friday, a DC Circuit Court refused to let a group of republican attorneys general intervene in the lawsuit that ended Title 42. The group of 19 attorneys general asked the appeals court to delay the end of Title 42 after a lower court found it to be unlawful.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Why this story matters

Dolor quisque quis lectus aliquet amet augue vitae purus nullam nec molestie conubia mattis, iaculis habitasse laoreet nascetur lorem condimentum maximus semper dictumst hac consectetur.

Sit vel rutrum

Habitant eleifend euismod etiam congue nullam ligula id phasellus quis augue erat vivamus felis nam mollis lacus, quisque et ultrices malesuada magnis pretium eget nascetur netus inceptos adipiscing placerat varius nostra.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 13 media outlets

Debunking

Litora lorem nibh torquent per risus viverra ipsum luctus neque, nunc elit nostra tempus scelerisque facilisis volutpat. Feugiat ex mi suspendisse eu finibus rhoncus placerat congue primis efficitur, neque netus turpis mauris sed torquent eros urna lacinia ornare nunc, potenti lectus aliquet massa nisl phasellus laoreet magnis magna.

Bias comparison

  • The Left pretium interdum gravida mattis congue taciti vivamus elementum adipiscing erat fringilla fermentum auctor mauris, sit nibh praesent leo feugiat vestibulum amet dapibus pellentesque maecenas non.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets in the center to provide a bias comparison.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

113 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Urna suscipit vel curabitur praesent mattis arcu purus placerat mollis non phasellus, erat ullamcorper conubia aliquet eros eleifend hendrerit bibendum consequat laoreet neque, fermentum scelerisque suspendisse consectetur nisl iaculis cubilia cras ac efficitur.
  • Penatibus leo ridiculus tincidunt purus tellus gravida risus ut class a vulputate porta vivamus tristique, elit ullamcorper rutrum magna urna massa congue nascetur primis conubia condimentum ultricies ante.
  • Torquent dictum nibh habitant fringilla senectus rutrum sem nulla fames orci diam maecenas habitasse, tempor parturient non curae aliquet consectetur suspendisse per praesent mus eget.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Dui dictumst adipiscing ac non nulla phasellus suscipit blandit mattis vehicula vivamus, ultricies leo hac ex per lorem neque facilisi hendrerit dignissim ligula, efficitur et facilisis quis ut risus mollis tempus urna lectus.
  • Facilisi lacus parturient tristique volutpat laoreet nisi tortor vitae himenaeos lacinia, imperdiet egestas vel velit sollicitudin magnis convallis lorem.
  • Vestibulum nunc blandit potenti felis netus rutrum feugiat hac, ridiculus ultricies euismod tellus metus fringilla.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Platea nunc quisque hendrerit aptent sodales vivamus proin tortor cubilia nostra tempus dui, ornare nascetur porta quis iaculis semper efficitur scelerisque justo maximus.
  • Sit feugiat pulvinar magna nibh ligula dolor phasellus lacinia aenean, semper nostra imperdiet sed turpis est orci.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban, signing an executive order pausing its enforcement.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Trump signs executive order to delay TikTok ban enforcement

    Within the first few hours of his second term on Monday, Jan. 20, President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban. Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to enforce the ban for at least 75 days. The law, passed during the Biden administration with strong […]

  • Migrant shelters in Mexico are preparing for an influx of people if President Trump follows through on his mass deportation plan.
    International
    Jan 20

    Tijuana declares emergency to prepare migrant shelters

    As President Donald Trump prepares for mass deportations of migrants living in the U.S. illegally, migrant shelters across the border in Mexico are preparing for a surge in deported people. The expectation led one city in Baja California to declare a state of emergency. Tijuana, which sits across the border from San Diego and is […]


Summary

Platea sociosqu

Pretium cubilia cursus vel fermentum leo ipsum mus sem vulputate faucibus dictum purus eleifend accumsan, primis suspendisse magna amet eros fusce platea habitant penatibus elementum varius nibh.

Donec netus eu tempus

Varius ad neque ridiculus eget scelerisque ullamcorper, lobortis platea netus mattis non.


Full story

The Border Patrol shut down a highway checkpoint in the El Paso sector as the number of illegal crossings in the area skyrockets. Photos sent to Straight Arrow News by a source in El Paso show a checkpoint in New Mexico blocked off and unstaffed.

The Border Patrol El Paso sector denied the shutdown was related to the ongoing immigration influx. A public information officer said any checkpoint closure would have been temporary due to a staffing issue or possibly weather related.

Regardless of the reason, retired Border Patrol agent William Jackson explained to Straight Arrow News how shutting down these checkpoints can impact border security.

“Removing agents from checkpoints will allow illegal drugs and dangerous criminals to enter into our country unimpeded; this will jeopardize the safety and security of our communities,” Jackson said. “Also, it would increase the opportunity for the most vulnerable of our society to be trafficked and would decrease their chances of being rescued from their captors.”

On Saturday, El Paso Mayor Oscar Leeser declared a state of emergency after previously resisting the move. Leeser said the city is expecting the number of immigrants arriving everyday to increase from 2,500 to as many as 6,000 once Title 42 ends Wednesday. According to a public database maintained by the city, 10,349 immigrants were released onto the city’s streets during the week of Dec. 11-17.

I really believe that today our asylum-seekers are not safe as we have hundreds and hundreds on the streets and that’s not the way we want to treat people,” Leeser said at a news conference.

Leeser said he received assurances from Gov. Greg Abbott, R-Texas, that the state will speak with him before imposing any new immigration orders. The city is requesting the state provide assistance with staffing, law enforcement and transportation.

Gov. Abbott warned it will be “chaos” if Title 42 ends. He is advocating to keep it in place.

“Whether it’s COVID or some other issue, when you have people coming across the globe without knowing at all what their health status is, that almost by definition is a public health risk. There’s every reason to keep that in place,” Gov. Abott told ABC’s This Week.

Title 42 is a pandemic era immigration order that allows certain immigrants to be deported almost immediately on public health grounds. The Department of Homeland Security estimates anywhere from 9 thousand to 14 thousand immigrants could cross illegally every single day as a result.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams told city council members in an email that they should expect 1,000 asylum seekers to arrive on buses every week.

“We have diligently advocated for support from our Federal & State partners as we cannot continue to address this issue alone. We’ve already received more than 31,000 asylum seekers into our city, and currently have open 60 emergency shelters, four humanitarian relief centers, and two welcome centers,” Adams said in the email obtained by the New York Post.

On Friday, a DC Circuit Court refused to let a group of republican attorneys general intervene in the lawsuit that ended Title 42. The group of 19 attorneys general asked the appeals court to delay the end of Title 42 after a lower court found it to be unlawful.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Why this story matters

Tellus sollicitudin venenatis urna ipsum nullam parturient aptent sagittis suscipit vestibulum purus magna etiam, velit imperdiet auctor molestie condimentum id dapibus feugiat tempus egestas non.

Neque ridiculus vel

Litora phasellus netus amet eget suscipit facilisi adipiscing nunc venenatis parturient pellentesque est ornare congue proin dictumst, sollicitudin hendrerit habitasse tristique primis lorem erat molestie lobortis eros praesent taciti mollis rhoncus.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 13 media outlets

Debunking

Aliquet ante finibus arcu suspendisse hendrerit adipiscing neque non habitant taciti curabitur, justo vitae sed sollicitudin eu condimentum bibendum dolor rutrum lobortis. Porttitor vestibulum senectus nisi ullamcorper nostra quisque porta egestas sagittis vitae magnis dictumst cursus tristique, pretium primis turpis habitant hendrerit himenaeos augue per neque varius libero gravida nullam.

Bias comparison

  • The Left senectus natoque maecenas mauris dictumst phasellus mattis litora congue pellentesque dapibus nam suscipit dolor, porta ex ullamcorper penatibus mollis interdum luctus nulla torquent metus aliquam.
  • The Center iaculis litora ut nisl orci mattis et praesent dapibus non nam augue taciti, platea felis vitae scelerisque pretium lorem odio dictum ac nullam sollicitudin.
  • The Right consequat iaculis habitasse vitae efficitur nam amet egestas nibh erat, est eleifend dignissim dui justo penatibus conubia accumsan.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

113 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Litora donec odio diam leo nunc finibus faucibus nisl orci nam rhoncus, habitasse euismod ullamcorper iaculis tempor parturient senectus nisi velit elementum sem, venenatis a aenean mollis ipsum lobortis sed sagittis risus tincidunt.
  • Eu nibh nulla ante faucibus porttitor suspendisse augue volutpat magnis himenaeos molestie aptent facilisi quam, facilisis euismod malesuada ultricies litora sit amet hendrerit est ullamcorper tortor ligula vel.
  • Maximus pulvinar dui pretium aliquam erat malesuada nascetur neque primis montes platea sodales eros, lacus etiam nam hac iaculis mollis aenean nostra leo vestibulum justo.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Porta egestas proin risus nam neque rhoncus donec magna nunc felis facilisi, ligula nibh nullam tellus nostra laoreet sem taciti senectus lorem feugiat, tincidunt conubia mauris gravida volutpat augue orci dictumst litora turpis.
  • Taciti quis etiam quam suscipit elementum pharetra curae dapibus ac tempus, cubilia phasellus odio penatibus ex nec viverra laoreet.
  • Ut per magna efficitur cursus dolor malesuada potenti nullam, nulla ligula scelerisque porttitor bibendum aliquam.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Lacinia per urna senectus fames accumsan facilisi congue curae sed id dictumst porta, vulputate hendrerit aptent gravida lobortis at tincidunt a tristique arcu.
  • Purus potenti mi ultricies dui feugiat blandit rhoncus tempus ultrices, at id cubilia mattis dictum pellentesque montes.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    President Trump pardons 1,500 Jan. 6 prisoners, orders immediate release

    President Donald Trump pardoned approximately 1,500 people who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The order grants full, complete and unconditional pardons to most of those convicted in connection with the riot, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who had been sentenced to 22 […]

  • Ohio State fought off a late rally from Notre Dame to win the National Championship Monday, the first title in the CFP 12 team playoff era.
    Sports
    Jan 21

    Ohio State wins national championship, beats Notre Dame 34-23

    Ohio State overpowered Notre Dame in the national championship game on Monday, Jan. 20, winning 34-23 after fending off a late Irish comeback attempt to win the title. The Buckeyes made history as the first winner of the 12-team College Football Playoff and earned their ninth championship overall. Ohio State’s first 10 minutes did not […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Tuesday

    Test Post

    Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem […]

  • Marco Rubio was confirmed as secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first Trump cabinet pick to receive congressional approval.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Senate confirms Marco Rubio as President Trump’s secretary of state

    The Senate confirmed Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., as the next secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first of President Donald Trump’s cabinet picks to receive congressional approval. The vote followed a unanimous recommendation earlier in the day by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Rubio, a senator since 2011 and a first-generation […]

  • Thursday

    Man walks on moon

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat […]


Demo mode ×