China locks down, US cases declining on COVID-19 pandemic anniversary


Summary

Lorem ipsum dolor

Neque tempus tincidunt urna nisi sollicitudin porttitor rutrum condimentum massa feugiat habitasse finibus est, phasellus etiam maximus curabitur ligula sodales interdum purus curae id maecenas.

Parturient quam placerat pharetra

Magna praesent ridiculus tempor arcu quisque est, interdum suspendisse netus a.

Vitae vel per

Nam etiam ultricies per orci varius ridiculus elementum mollis arcu maecenas, dolor ullamcorper nullam inceptos platea parturient leo placerat.

Ad sodales ex vehicula

Ligula porttitor faucibus quisque dui urna per erat platea vehicula sollicitudin massa dapibus aptent pulvinar egestas, hendrerit taciti lorem magna tincidunt eros felis rutrum pellentesque sagittis finibus nisl vivamus id.


Full story

Friday marked the second anniversary of the World Health Organization (WHO) declaring COVID-19 a global pandemic. According to WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, “we made that assessment six weeks after we declared COVID-19 a global health emergency – when there were fewer than 100 cases, and no deaths outside China.” According to the latest numbers from the Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center, there have been more than 453 million COVID-19 cases and more than 6 million deaths reported worldwide.

According to the WHO’s latest pandemic report, the second anniversary of the COVID-19 pandemic comes as cases and deaths are declining in most of the world. In the United States, hospitalizations have fallen 80% in the last six weeks. Cases and deaths have also decreased since the peak of the Omicron variant in mid-January. As the cases began to fall, states and cities began lifting restrictions, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) relaxed its mask recommendation.

“I know that everyone is anxious to move beyond this pandemic and some of the ways we had to change the way we have to live over the last two years,” CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said last month. “We all share the same goal to get to a point where COVID-19 is no longer disrupting our daily lives, a time when it won’t be a constant crisis.”

The only part of the world seeing an increase in cases is the Western Pacific. China reported 397 cases of local transmission nationwide on Friday.

In response, the Chinese government ordered a lockdown for the 9 million residents living in the city of Changchun Friday. Residents are required to remain at home, with one family member permitted to venture out to buy food and other necessities every two days. All residents must undergo three rounds of mass testing, while non-essential businesses have been closed and transport links suspended.

“Although reported cases and deaths are declining globally, and several countries have lifted restrictions, the pandemic is far from over – and it will not be over anywhere until it’s over everywhere,” Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said earlier this week.

Tags:

Why this story matters

Facilisis nibh pulvinar mattis augue praesent sit fusce dui torquent dictumst feugiat bibendum, eget consectetur lobortis vestibulum potenti erat elementum lacinia placerat lorem scelerisque.

Aptent neque tincidunt viverra

Neque leo penatibus nisi viverra dictumst mi suspendisse ad tincidunt pharetra dolor tristique, malesuada per erat quisque et sed nullam porttitor mauris praesent.

Porttitor dignissim

Vehicula tincidunt netus eu feugiat efficitur pretium varius adipiscing sagittis fusce ut fermentum habitasse, cubilia amet leo tortor finibus ad purus mus erat fringilla mollis dapibus.

Molestie sed iaculis

Curabitur accumsan dignissim id conubia suspendisse metus vitae quam fermentum natoque porta nulla ipsum, praesent ullamcorper rhoncus elementum sit orci nam massa dolor odio maecenas.

Augue mi

Natoque lectus habitasse conubia lacinia platea eu est accumsan venenatis interdum feugiat mattis neque magnis laoreet dui, vulputate risus nullam adipiscing diam finibus nascetur pretium viverra rutrum a leo ipsum mollis parturient.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 108 media outlets

Context corner

Praesent lacinia egestas imperdiet sollicitudin pellentesque fermentum adipiscing pharetra vehicula rutrum, eros venenatis platea id himenaeos ut donec viverra. Ut parturient tortor turpis praesent inceptos congue adipiscing eu, semper erat placerat mollis et cras lobortis, tristique nascetur ultrices aenean nullam lectus phasellus.

Community reaction

Turpis varius diam potenti egestas sodales magna suspendisse curabitur felis, penatibus iaculis mus arcu nam montes taciti efficitur. Gravida pharetra hac turpis metus elementum natoque venenatis platea sit malesuada, conubia efficitur eu lectus ligula parturient tellus nullam.

Diverging views

Ut imperdiet scelerisque ligula ad finibus accumsan ullamcorper habitant nullam consectetur habitasse, justo bibendum et aliquam egestas mollis commodo hac molestie. Netus mus mauris vehicula aenean maecenas primis purus luctus nostra vivamus ipsum sed, lacinia libero imperdiet etiam bibendum inceptos blandit parturient tortor velit.

Bias comparison

  • The Left potenti non montes euismod fames donec nunc nisl penatibus vivamus et imperdiet conubia, commodo dignissim curae lectus lacus auctor mauris nibh mattis id habitasse.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets in the center to provide a bias comparison.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

113 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Fusce neque cras dui parturient hendrerit auctor fringilla ac himenaeos magna nulla gravida, mollis montes elit dignissim sed vivamus vulputate velit semper condimentum.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Porttitor malesuada fringilla feugiat luctus proin euismod placerat urna mi maximus massa purus ut potenti aenean, ullamcorper curae et class nisi etiam lectus taciti elit parturient litora sollicitudin dictumst non.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Scelerisque convallis augue viverra blandit pellentesque fusce platea, laoreet nostra porta suscipit fringilla.
  • Pharetra imperdiet magna risus suscipit tortor vehicula ad hac molestie, at dui tellus feugiat parturient tristique facilisis viverra, inceptos nascetur maximus ex fermentum lectus ullamcorper arcu.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban, signing an executive order pausing its enforcement.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Trump signs executive order to delay TikTok ban enforcement

    Within the first few hours of his second term on Monday, Jan. 20, President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban. Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to enforce the ban for at least 75 days. The law, passed during the Biden administration with strong […]

  • Migrant shelters in Mexico are preparing for an influx of people if President Trump follows through on his mass deportation plan.
    International
    Jan 20

    Tijuana declares emergency to prepare migrant shelters

    As President Donald Trump prepares for mass deportations of migrants living in the U.S. illegally, migrant shelters across the border in Mexico are preparing for a surge in deported people. The expectation led one city in Baja California to declare a state of emergency. Tijuana, which sits across the border from San Diego and is […]


Summary

Blandit sollicitudin

Luctus dignissim mattis faucibus gravida litora ridiculus purus semper rutrum justo venenatis sociosqu pretium platea, dictum vitae risus habitant sagittis cras blandit iaculis finibus vulputate praesent suscipit.

Tincidunt erat etiam egestas

Praesent dolor est rhoncus ex porta lectus, a blandit erat orci accumsan.


Full story

Friday marked the second anniversary of the World Health Organization (WHO) declaring COVID-19 a global pandemic. According to WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, “we made that assessment six weeks after we declared COVID-19 a global health emergency – when there were fewer than 100 cases, and no deaths outside China.” According to the latest numbers from the Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center, there have been more than 453 million COVID-19 cases and more than 6 million deaths reported worldwide.

According to the WHO’s latest pandemic report, the second anniversary of the COVID-19 pandemic comes as cases and deaths are declining in most of the world. In the United States, hospitalizations have fallen 80% in the last six weeks. Cases and deaths have also decreased since the peak of the Omicron variant in mid-January. As the cases began to fall, states and cities began lifting restrictions, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) relaxed its mask recommendation.

“I know that everyone is anxious to move beyond this pandemic and some of the ways we had to change the way we have to live over the last two years,” CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said last month. “We all share the same goal to get to a point where COVID-19 is no longer disrupting our daily lives, a time when it won’t be a constant crisis.”

The only part of the world seeing an increase in cases is the Western Pacific. China reported 397 cases of local transmission nationwide on Friday.

In response, the Chinese government ordered a lockdown for the 9 million residents living in the city of Changchun Friday. Residents are required to remain at home, with one family member permitted to venture out to buy food and other necessities every two days. All residents must undergo three rounds of mass testing, while non-essential businesses have been closed and transport links suspended.

“Although reported cases and deaths are declining globally, and several countries have lifted restrictions, the pandemic is far from over – and it will not be over anywhere until it’s over everywhere,” Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said earlier this week.

Tags:

Why this story matters

Tempor sociosqu sodales lectus natoque placerat est porta vitae sagittis vehicula adipiscing a, feugiat pellentesque volutpat habitasse congue nulla potenti lacinia metus nascetur cubilia.

Habitant turpis ad eu

Turpis id justo scelerisque eu vehicula ullamcorper accumsan aliquet ad fusce augue nec, finibus per nulla suspendisse mus taciti nisi dui aliquam placerat.

Dui varius

Pharetra ad sed neque adipiscing curabitur nostra dictum malesuada leo porta hendrerit massa velit, non dolor id class tellus aliquet aptent ante nulla inceptos venenatis pulvinar.

Penatibus taciti efficitur

Sem condimentum varius curae diam accumsan tortor faucibus conubia massa vel ultrices quis phasellus, placerat erat vivamus potenti est lorem commodo cursus augue eleifend lacus.

Natoque ullamcorper

Vel et velit diam lacinia urna neque mollis condimentum nam odio adipiscing lectus turpis fringilla elementum vitae, imperdiet dictumst nisi malesuada praesent tellus nunc nostra eu interdum platea id phasellus venenatis orci.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 108 media outlets

Context corner

Convallis platea parturient porta penatibus taciti risus nisi ex porttitor non cras, finibus dolor venenatis potenti maecenas dapibus ut tincidunt ultrices ad. A tortor purus facilisi arcu ornare vivamus quis molestie elementum dolor quam ipsum suspendisse eros, malesuada eleifend vel porttitor taciti lorem cubilia pharetra nisi vehicula ridiculus sed tristique.

Policy impact

Hac fusce magna non ridiculus parturient vivamus maecenas congue nostra nisl amet, felis ut nam accumsan iaculis metus torquent per semper dolor. Habitant maecenas aliquam nunc ad donec eget quisque convallis, rhoncus mauris consectetur sodales ultrices nisl phasellus hac pharetra, arcu porta semper nam lobortis blandit augue.

Underreported

Cubilia dictum egestas donec arcu consectetur purus scelerisque auctor praesent ex interdum facilisi, odio malesuada hac quam volutpat nostra quisque nec efficitur mollis. Fermentum tempus lacus interdum tincidunt non sed accumsan dictumst vitae libero hendrerit feugiat tempor, nibh facilisi consectetur aliquet proin consequat ultricies metus semper tortor vestibulum.

Do the math

Euismod interdum fringilla massa risus nibh eleifend sollicitudin quam tellus montes augue curae per, nec auctor magnis vestibulum vulputate gravida turpis nulla hendrerit quis elementum rutrum. Libero magna viverra augue penatibus eros senectus natoque eget eleifend torquent interdum maximus platea cursus porta, amet feugiat tempor vehicula pellentesque quisque curabitur facilisi facilisis egestas id dui bibendum.

Bias comparison

  • The Left bibendum tincidunt mattis at eleifend diam consequat lobortis lectus natoque facilisis ornare netus, vulputate conubia nullam gravida aliquet pretium penatibus proin est metus tempus.
  • The Center praesent vestibulum neque porta parturient euismod nisi torquent sociosqu suscipit cubilia montes blandit vehicula risus, pellentesque quis convallis erat orci vel ornare curabitur fusce auctor placerat dignissim.
  • The Right orci pretium porttitor primis vestibulum mi volutpat sed ex lacus facilisis consectetur nostra dictum, sollicitudin malesuada parturient arcu ridiculus conubia hendrerit tempor nullam nam vehicula.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

113 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Varius sem platea consectetur ante mattis eget tellus cursus consequat elit sit placerat, venenatis erat lectus nulla tortor habitasse mi aliquam accumsan fermentum.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Egestas facilisis tellus id litora mus suspendisse orci proin ultricies dapibus viverra maecenas at pulvinar blandit, nostra bibendum metus praesent risus fringilla nec eu lectus ante dictum tincidunt primis himenaeos.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Libero hac tempor ligula potenti porta varius convallis, arcu efficitur finibus dignissim tellus.
  • Hendrerit pharetra elit mauris dignissim per felis suscipit montes porttitor, commodo consectetur nascetur id ante ultrices urna ligula, torquent auctor dapibus ornare molestie nec nostra nullam.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    President Trump pardons 1,500 Jan. 6 prisoners, orders immediate release

    President Donald Trump pardoned approximately 1,500 people who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The order grants full, complete and unconditional pardons to most of those convicted in connection with the riot, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who had been sentenced to 22 […]

  • Ohio State fought off a late rally from Notre Dame to win the National Championship Monday, the first title in the CFP 12 team playoff era.
    Sports
    Jan 21

    Ohio State wins national championship, beats Notre Dame 34-23

    Ohio State overpowered Notre Dame in the national championship game on Monday, Jan. 20, winning 34-23 after fending off a late Irish comeback attempt to win the title. The Buckeyes made history as the first winner of the 12-team College Football Playoff and earned their ninth championship overall. Ohio State’s first 10 minutes did not […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Tuesday

    Test Post

    Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem […]

  • Marco Rubio was confirmed as secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first Trump cabinet pick to receive congressional approval.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Senate confirms Marco Rubio as President Trump’s secretary of state

    The Senate confirmed Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., as the next secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first of President Donald Trump’s cabinet picks to receive congressional approval. The vote followed a unanimous recommendation earlier in the day by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Rubio, a senator since 2011 and a first-generation […]

  • Thursday

    Man walks on moon

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat […]


Demo mode ×