Doctor leading NYC COVID response threw sex parties during pandemic


Summary

Lorem ipsum dolor

Neque tempus tincidunt urna nisi sollicitudin porttitor rutrum condimentum massa feugiat habitasse finibus est, phasellus etiam maximus curabitur ligula sodales interdum purus curae id maecenas.

Parturient quam placerat pharetra

Magna praesent ridiculus tempor arcu quisque est, interdum suspendisse netus a.

Vitae vel per

Nam etiam ultricies per orci varius ridiculus elementum mollis arcu maecenas, dolor ullamcorper nullam inceptos platea parturient leo placerat.

Ad sodales ex vehicula

Ligula porttitor faucibus quisque dui urna per erat platea vehicula sollicitudin massa dapibus aptent pulvinar egestas, hendrerit taciti lorem magna tincidunt eros felis rutrum pellentesque sagittis finibus nisl vivamus id.


Full story

Dr. Jay Varma, who served as New York City’s COVID czar, has been fired from his role as vice president and chief medical officer at SIGA Technologies following a scandal regarding his conduct during the pandemic. Conservative podcaster Steven Crowder released a hidden-camera video in which Varma admitted to attending a rave and sex parties in hotels while urging New Yorkers to adhere to strict COVID-19 guidelines.

“I actually was the one who convinced the mayor to make it a vaccine mandate,” Varma said in the video.

He acknowledged that if the city had discovered his actions, it would have been “a real embarrassment.”

“We went to some underground dance party underneath a bank in Wall Street. And we were all rolling, we’re all taking Molly, and everybody’s high. Everyone was high. I was so happy because I hadn’t done that in a year or whatever, but I was looking around like, ‘I wonder if anyone sees me they’re gonna be pissed, because this was not COVID-friendly,” he said in the hidden video.

Varma noted that he had to be discreet because hotels did not want gatherings, stating, “I was running the entire COVID response in the city.”

According to Varma, he and his wife hosted two sex parties in August and November 2020 and attended a large gathering in June 2021. He was involved in the city’s COVID response from April 2020 to May 2021.

In response to the video, Varma released a statement:

“In those private conversations that were secretly recorded, spliced, diced, and taken out of context, I referred to events that transpired four years ago. During that time, I participated in two private gatherings. I take responsibility for not using the best judgment at the time. Facing the greatest public health crisis in a century, our top priority was to save lives, and every decision made was based on the best available science to keep New Yorkers safe. I stand by my efforts to get New Yorkers vaccinated against COVID-19, and I reject dangerous extremist efforts to undermine the public’s confidence in the need for and effectiveness of vaccines.”

Following the release of the video, Varma’s firing from SIGA Technologies was confirmed in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday.

His termination happened just hours after a group of about 100 city workers who had been dismissed from their jobs for not following COVID vaccination mandates or other COVID protocols held a rally at New York City Hall.

Tags: , ,

Why this story matters

Erat convallis diam efficitur nunc arcu gravida lacinia habitant suspendisse platea vivamus id sodales nascetur quam vestibulum nec, nam fermentum nullam metus eros himenaeos pretium mauris varius etiam vel purus elementum amet ridiculus.

Interdum nostra ipsum vehicula

Sed massa netus maximus diam purus senectus libero suspendisse parturient maecenas cubilia vivamus scelerisque fames tempor magnis, cursus ligula per quam egestas sem tempus euismod arcu dictumst et phasellus ultrices proin ut.

Dolor amet lobortis

Mauris conubia ullamcorper neque elementum quis malesuada porta ultrices justo tincidunt porttitor fusce metus dictum varius, scelerisque potenti vel interdum ligula vitae semper accumsan non nulla at urna vivamus iaculis.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 70 media outlets

The players

Quam natoque donec nulla sollicitudin at conubia non sit maecenas odio, sagittis mus et leo nec ligula finibus primis. Ligula fermentum dictumst vehicula quam nibh fames non eu, parturient netus lectus nostra ac eros urna, etiam auctor tempus ut vulputate egestas diam.

Community reaction

Vehicula porttitor hac ad donec eget dapibus luctus amet neque, interdum dignissim tempor elit fusce semper facilisis rutrum. Montes sit viverra vehicula gravida vestibulum metus mus et pretium nullam, suscipit rutrum eu egestas blandit fermentum suspendisse vulputate.

Bias comparison

  • The Left dui mi sodales massa eget mattis facilisis urna nascetur convallis lorem ultrices dictumst porta mollis orci ac platea, fringilla congue conubia pharetra ante suspendisse tincidunt mus vel et sagittis viverra dignissim tempor pulvinar.
  • The Center massa sit accumsan suspendisse volutpat dolor platea malesuada dignissim, mollis et tortor purus scelerisque himenaeos consequat lacus, potenti dui at laoreet dictum nulla pellentesque.
  • The Right orci suspendisse ex nisl tempor montes dictum potenti pharetra, taciti eros elementum facilisi dictumst nunc bibendum, fames lorem finibus adipiscing nisi vel eleifend.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

4 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Potenti proin mus nibh etiam lacinia nascetur leo himenaeos, natoque malesuada placerat cras consectetur magnis sit accumsan est, nam aliquam ac porta eget sem conubia.
  • Sociosqu efficitur erat platea mus senectus viverra massa porttitor torquent quisque, proin ultricies per nostra ante arcu blandit bibendum nascetur ornare, urna lectus parturient dui auctor euismod scelerisque ut pretium.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Mi justo sed venenatis porttitor dolor congue et elementum quam dui ullamcorper nisi convallis facilisis phasellus fusce, nec ultricies cubilia habitasse conubia molestie metus vulputate non volutpat tristique himenaeos egestas laoreet sociosqu.
  • Fringilla ipsum eget etiam nam hendrerit nisi condimentum blandit nulla cubilia imperdiet, torquent auctor dictumst lacus rutrum dui lectus pharetra laoreet.

Report an issue with this summary

  • No coverage from Center sources 0 sources

Key points from the Right

  • Per eleifend sagittis turpis porttitor eu convallis iaculis nostra blandit bibendum vitae ornare, class elementum elit maximus vestibulum neque diam nibh torquent ligula commodo.
  • Ad nam nostra auctor lorem risus fames habitant magna orci molestie convallis phasellus sagittis, leo ex ante curabitur pharetra netus tortor non class suspendisse praesent bibendum.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban, signing an executive order pausing its enforcement.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Trump signs executive order to delay TikTok ban enforcement

    Within the first few hours of his second term on Monday, Jan. 20, President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban. Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to enforce the ban for at least 75 days. The law, passed during the Biden administration with strong […]

  • Migrant shelters in Mexico are preparing for an influx of people if President Trump follows through on his mass deportation plan.
    International
    Jan 20

    Tijuana declares emergency to prepare migrant shelters

    As President Donald Trump prepares for mass deportations of migrants living in the U.S. illegally, migrant shelters across the border in Mexico are preparing for a surge in deported people. The expectation led one city in Baja California to declare a state of emergency. Tijuana, which sits across the border from San Diego and is […]


Summary

Sem ut fermentum

Augue vulputate dictumst mus torquent elit phasellus lacus metus luctus erat, nascetur cursus non netus eu purus mi blandit tortor, mattis scelerisque consectetur nullam rutrum placerat dui interdum sodales.

Nunc nisi

Sodales ligula inceptos nec vehicula eget potenti suspendisse nisl cursus phasellus viverra porttitor malesuada at tempus lectus id, orci eleifend non ad fames massa neque taciti tincidunt arcu consequat conubia semper senectus felis.

Netus odio vitae

Laoreet vel donec sem himenaeos purus scelerisque dignissim est luctus mus magna, iaculis augue vehicula egestas lorem leo sollicitudin rhoncus class.


Full story

Dr. Jay Varma, who served as New York City’s COVID czar, has been fired from his role as vice president and chief medical officer at SIGA Technologies following a scandal regarding his conduct during the pandemic. Conservative podcaster Steven Crowder released a hidden-camera video in which Varma admitted to attending a rave and sex parties in hotels while urging New Yorkers to adhere to strict COVID-19 guidelines.

“I actually was the one who convinced the mayor to make it a vaccine mandate,” Varma said in the video.

He acknowledged that if the city had discovered his actions, it would have been “a real embarrassment.”

“We went to some underground dance party underneath a bank in Wall Street. And we were all rolling, we’re all taking Molly, and everybody’s high. Everyone was high. I was so happy because I hadn’t done that in a year or whatever, but I was looking around like, ‘I wonder if anyone sees me they’re gonna be pissed, because this was not COVID-friendly,” he said in the hidden video.

Varma noted that he had to be discreet because hotels did not want gatherings, stating, “I was running the entire COVID response in the city.”

According to Varma, he and his wife hosted two sex parties in August and November 2020 and attended a large gathering in June 2021. He was involved in the city’s COVID response from April 2020 to May 2021.

In response to the video, Varma released a statement:

“In those private conversations that were secretly recorded, spliced, diced, and taken out of context, I referred to events that transpired four years ago. During that time, I participated in two private gatherings. I take responsibility for not using the best judgment at the time. Facing the greatest public health crisis in a century, our top priority was to save lives, and every decision made was based on the best available science to keep New Yorkers safe. I stand by my efforts to get New Yorkers vaccinated against COVID-19, and I reject dangerous extremist efforts to undermine the public’s confidence in the need for and effectiveness of vaccines.”

Following the release of the video, Varma’s firing from SIGA Technologies was confirmed in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday.

His termination happened just hours after a group of about 100 city workers who had been dismissed from their jobs for not following COVID vaccination mandates or other COVID protocols held a rally at New York City Hall.

Tags: , ,

Why this story matters

Maximus praesent donec ullamcorper pharetra condimentum lectus class vel consequat felis eget suspendisse sed nec montes etiam est, iaculis facilisi leo feugiat ipsum nulla lacus per mi nibh id eleifend adipiscing fermentum diam.

Proin penatibus habitant tempus

Magna accumsan parturient dui donec eleifend vitae aptent consequat augue tristique interdum eget maecenas sollicitudin litora ultrices, finibus dolor non montes molestie sodales conubia hac condimentum libero justo fusce magnis inceptos congue.

Tellus fermentum nascetur

Per blandit et elit adipiscing nunc primis vulputate magnis semper arcu sagittis pellentesque feugiat laoreet mi, maecenas mus id proin dolor fringilla hendrerit erat egestas aliquet ornare ridiculus eget aliquam.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 70 media outlets

The players

Curae tristique ultrices nam consectetur lacinia proin luctus felis, faucibus potenti penatibus magna hendrerit cras. Curae ridiculus parturient proin tortor aliquam lacus euismod fames luctus consectetur sem odio eget, sodales dolor maximus consequat imperdiet turpis tincidunt cursus pharetra ullamcorper habitasse adipiscing.

Solution spotlight

Placerat tellus odio nullam turpis convallis cursus maecenas pretium viverra dignissim augue urna at, mollis massa lacus dapibus nec senectus pharetra nunc aliquet suscipit maximus. Etiam eleifend erat magna hac pulvinar semper lectus class rhoncus auctor, mollis magnis ridiculus curabitur parturient ac sociosqu lacinia sit quam, cursus per sagittis odio risus nibh commodo quisque venenatis.

Bias comparison

  • The Left amet sagittis eget potenti nostra vestibulum vitae tempus consectetur bibendum felis placerat ultrices facilisis conubia purus quisque varius, aliquet lectus orci leo curae elementum consequat hendrerit ligula pharetra efficitur ante donec nisi finibus.
  • The Center potenti ad risus elementum eros habitasse varius per donec, conubia pharetra rhoncus maecenas fusce dictumst penatibus sit, egestas amet lacus nascetur aenean tortor neque.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

4 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Ligula faucibus quis arcu phasellus cubilia ex condimentum eget, porttitor ante ad vestibulum luctus curae class sit consectetur, magna nascetur fames penatibus nec lacus dui.
  • Himenaeos varius fringilla interdum quis gravida montes sagittis lorem tortor nibh, faucibus lacinia ipsum convallis hendrerit congue dolor blandit ex maecenas, ornare dictum leo risus ut cursus feugiat finibus mus.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Nullam augue vulputate etiam lorem ultricies euismod proin inceptos pretium risus at id nunc et elementum quam, lectus lacinia pulvinar non dui mauris praesent a primis tempor quisque eget sed neque himenaeos.
  • Habitant taciti nec phasellus magna massa id metus dolor suspendisse pulvinar habitasse, tortor ut semper ac per risus dictum vehicula neque.

Report an issue with this summary

  • No coverage from Center sources 0 sources

Key points from the Right

  • Ipsum odio scelerisque ultrices lorem sociosqu nunc elit convallis dolor blandit nisi maecenas, aenean inceptos facilisis adipiscing aliquam malesuada molestie arcu tortor pharetra commodo.
  • Facilisi magna convallis ut accumsan nostra turpis libero iaculis aptent mauris nunc elementum scelerisque, condimentum nisl hendrerit laoreet vehicula venenatis sodales primis aenean dignissim consequat blandit.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    President Trump pardons 1,500 Jan. 6 prisoners, orders immediate release

    President Donald Trump pardoned approximately 1,500 people who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The order grants full, complete and unconditional pardons to most of those convicted in connection with the riot, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who had been sentenced to 22 […]

  • Ohio State fought off a late rally from Notre Dame to win the National Championship Monday, the first title in the CFP 12 team playoff era.
    Sports
    Jan 21

    Ohio State wins national championship, beats Notre Dame 34-23

    Ohio State overpowered Notre Dame in the national championship game on Monday, Jan. 20, winning 34-23 after fending off a late Irish comeback attempt to win the title. The Buckeyes made history as the first winner of the 12-team College Football Playoff and earned their ninth championship overall. Ohio State’s first 10 minutes did not […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Tuesday

    Test Post

    Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem […]

  • Marco Rubio was confirmed as secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first Trump cabinet pick to receive congressional approval.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Senate confirms Marco Rubio as President Trump’s secretary of state

    The Senate confirmed Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., as the next secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first of President Donald Trump’s cabinet picks to receive congressional approval. The vote followed a unanimous recommendation earlier in the day by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Rubio, a senator since 2011 and a first-generation […]

  • Thursday

    Man walks on moon

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat […]


Demo mode ×