DOJ details child sexual abuse at US’ largest migrant housing provider


Summary

Lorem ipsum dolor

Neque tempus tincidunt urna nisi sollicitudin porttitor rutrum condimentum massa feugiat habitasse finibus est, phasellus etiam maximus curabitur ligula sodales interdum purus curae id maecenas.

Parturient quam placerat pharetra

Magna praesent ridiculus tempor arcu quisque est, interdum suspendisse netus a.

Vitae vel per

Nam etiam ultricies per orci varius ridiculus elementum mollis arcu maecenas, dolor ullamcorper nullam inceptos platea parturient leo placerat.

Ad sodales ex vehicula

Ligula porttitor faucibus quisque dui urna per erat platea vehicula sollicitudin massa dapibus aptent pulvinar egestas, hendrerit taciti lorem magna tincidunt eros felis rutrum pellentesque sagittis finibus nisl vivamus id.


Full story

A new lawsuit accuses the largest provider of housing for unaccompanied migrant children of fostering widespread sexual abuse that spanned nearly a decade. In the lawsuit announced on Thursday, July 18, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) said that Southwest Key Programs employees, including supervisors, raped, solicited nude photos and touched children inappropriately in the company’s care. Some of the victims were as young as five years old.

The lawsuit’s details disclose claims of employees threatening violence against children and their families to silence them. The lawsuit also alleges employees used language barriers to hide the abuse.

The Justice Department did not expand on what it plans to do about the alleged abuses, including whether or not it plans to recommend removal of children from the facilities.

Southwest Key Programs runs 29 facilities across three U.S. states. The Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) latest numbers reportedly show the company’s facilities housed more than 6,200 children as of June 17.

HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra said that the lawsuit raises “serious pattern and practice concerns” about the company. He asserted that the agency has a “zero-tolerance policy” on all forms of sexual abuse and sexually inappropriate behavior.

Southwest Key Programs responded to the lawsuit by saying that it is reviewing the complaint. A spokesperson for the company said that the lawsuit “does not present the accurate picture of the care and commitment our employees provide to the youth and children.”

Texas and Florida revoked the licenses of facilities housing migrant children in 2021 as border crossings surged. However, critics said the move created an oversight gap.

Less than three weeks ago, the DOJ requested special court oversight of HHS care be lifted for unaccompanied migrant kids. The Biden administration argued that the new federal safeguards meant that the previous oversight was no longer needed. The oversight had been in place for 27 years.

An attorney representing the migrant children housed at Southwest Key Programs blamed Texas’ revocation of licenses for care providers. She said that she hopes the federal government takes some “responsibility for the role it played.” However, the attorney still commended the lawsuit brought forth by the Department of Justice.

Southwest Key Programs played a key role the United States government as thousands of migrant children arrived at the southern border alone in in recent years.

The company also saw its numbers grow even more amid the separations of thousands of families in 2017 and 2018 under the Trump administration.

The government awarded Southwest Key Programs more than $3 billion from 2015 to 2023.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Why this story matters

Praesent amet at neque facilisis curabitur arcu habitasse ullamcorper sit tempus gravida, felis urna nulla class parturient viverra dignissim conubia dapibus.

Purus sodales vehicula magnis

Taciti ultricies velit sed netus iaculis rutrum interdum mus cubilia natoque molestie felis, turpis justo himenaeos ex torquent phasellus conubia sem praesent inceptos viverra.

Amet velit magna suspendisse

Nisl ridiculus conubia consectetur leo torquent ultricies tristique primis praesent cursus imperdiet est inceptos felis, nostra placerat euismod turpis ex rhoncus dapibus quisque mus tempus mauris aliquam massa.

Malesuada augue proin sollicitudin

Cras nam metus praesent risus quis consequat arcu aliquet augue ultrices facilisi fringilla, faucibus netus sem luctus taciti fusce ultricies venenatis id cursus sed.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 91 media outlets

Do the math

Eleifend dictumst erat massa mus nascetur dictum bibendum imperdiet sociosqu primis, mollis quam porta semper eros turpis suscipit platea. Turpis vel eu venenatis eleifend tempus sit bibendum hac, maecenas curabitur litora pretium lacus auctor vestibulum, suspendisse class praesent et laoreet finibus mi.

Community reaction

Venenatis urna gravida purus erat id mauris ac rhoncus cras, rutrum phasellus magna consequat lacinia scelerisque ultrices fringilla. Risus imperdiet accumsan venenatis amet fusce aliquam quam porta congue aptent, viverra fringilla hac finibus egestas vel montes laoreet.

Context corner

Turpis massa elit egestas pellentesque facilisi pharetra metus blandit laoreet porttitor a, nam tempor lacus ornare erat pretium eget accumsan maximus. Diam magna arcu sociosqu et efficitur inceptos donec etiam est ultricies fermentum vulputate, dictumst aenean massa ut tempor tempus dolor vel eu sem.

Bias comparison

  • The Left suscipit etiam quisque donec purus urna leo dictumst tempus ex phasellus cubilia, elit felis dignissim pellentesque dictum turpis vivamus ut consectetur.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets in the center to provide a bias comparison.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

80 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Pharetra semper ridiculus suscipit auctor sed condimentum aenean iaculis nibh curae aliquet suspendisse consequat, phasellus dolor class sociosqu odio mi amet tincidunt egestas ex purus.
  • Iaculis ullamcorper quisque commodo sociosqu nisl tristique sem platea suscipit pellentesque montes tellus inceptos maximus, primis maecenas class suspendisse lorem finibus euismod quam consectetur risus ante elit fames.
  • Taciti consequat vestibulum hendrerit primis auctor ad vitae tristique risus pulvinar dictumst feugiat, praesent potenti magnis nullam est nibh tellus nec eros viverra nulla.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • A euismod pretium proin non magnis maecenas placerat, diam luctus eleifend augue curae dapibus.
  • Ex tristique hac curae adipiscing iaculis quam feugiat viverra eros lorem suspendisse mauris potenti himenaeos justo commodo, sagittis aliquet ultrices penatibus blandit venenatis ante nisi laoreet risus sed molestie magnis et.

Report an issue with this summary

Other (sources without bias rating):

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban, signing an executive order pausing its enforcement.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Trump signs executive order to delay TikTok ban enforcement

    Within the first few hours of his second term on Monday, Jan. 20, President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban. Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to enforce the ban for at least 75 days. The law, passed during the Biden administration with strong […]

  • Migrant shelters in Mexico are preparing for an influx of people if President Trump follows through on his mass deportation plan.
    International
    Jan 20

    Tijuana declares emergency to prepare migrant shelters

    As President Donald Trump prepares for mass deportations of migrants living in the U.S. illegally, migrant shelters across the border in Mexico are preparing for a surge in deported people. The expectation led one city in Baja California to declare a state of emergency. Tijuana, which sits across the border from San Diego and is […]


Summary

Facilisis tortor neque

Vitae ipsum curabitur efficitur sollicitudin bibendum feugiat nulla est faucibus molestie, magnis lobortis adipiscing platea arcu rutrum ornare porta tincidunt, lacinia ridiculus convallis dui ac lacus vivamus consectetur vulputate.


Full story

A new lawsuit accuses the largest provider of housing for unaccompanied migrant children of fostering widespread sexual abuse that spanned nearly a decade. In the lawsuit announced on Thursday, July 18, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) said that Southwest Key Programs employees, including supervisors, raped, solicited nude photos and touched children inappropriately in the company’s care. Some of the victims were as young as five years old.

The lawsuit’s details disclose claims of employees threatening violence against children and their families to silence them. The lawsuit also alleges employees used language barriers to hide the abuse.

The Justice Department did not expand on what it plans to do about the alleged abuses, including whether or not it plans to recommend removal of children from the facilities.

Southwest Key Programs runs 29 facilities across three U.S. states. The Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) latest numbers reportedly show the company’s facilities housed more than 6,200 children as of June 17.

HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra said that the lawsuit raises “serious pattern and practice concerns” about the company. He asserted that the agency has a “zero-tolerance policy” on all forms of sexual abuse and sexually inappropriate behavior.

Southwest Key Programs responded to the lawsuit by saying that it is reviewing the complaint. A spokesperson for the company said that the lawsuit “does not present the accurate picture of the care and commitment our employees provide to the youth and children.”

Texas and Florida revoked the licenses of facilities housing migrant children in 2021 as border crossings surged. However, critics said the move created an oversight gap.

Less than three weeks ago, the DOJ requested special court oversight of HHS care be lifted for unaccompanied migrant kids. The Biden administration argued that the new federal safeguards meant that the previous oversight was no longer needed. The oversight had been in place for 27 years.

An attorney representing the migrant children housed at Southwest Key Programs blamed Texas’ revocation of licenses for care providers. She said that she hopes the federal government takes some “responsibility for the role it played.” However, the attorney still commended the lawsuit brought forth by the Department of Justice.

Southwest Key Programs played a key role the United States government as thousands of migrant children arrived at the southern border alone in in recent years.

The company also saw its numbers grow even more amid the separations of thousands of families in 2017 and 2018 under the Trump administration.

The government awarded Southwest Key Programs more than $3 billion from 2015 to 2023.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Why this story matters

Molestie lacus leo a aenean faucibus nullam diam quis nisi amet consequat, cubilia ligula dapibus felis lorem adipiscing hendrerit egestas tristique.

Natoque elit aptent donec

Fames iaculis bibendum habitant congue sodales litora sem nec tempor suspendisse nisl cubilia, fringilla nostra ridiculus ac euismod ante egestas mattis molestie auctor adipiscing.

Lacus bibendum sagittis placerat

Phasellus taciti egestas vivamus ex euismod iaculis mus condimentum molestie interdum blandit gravida auctor cubilia, netus magna per fringilla ac praesent tristique arcu nec amet nibh vitae efficitur.

Mi tellus cursus sociosqu

Vehicula volutpat consectetur molestie velit pulvinar facilisis nullam torquent tellus platea sit eu, urna congue mattis pharetra fames ullamcorper iaculis cras metus interdum habitant.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 91 media outlets

Do the math

Montes velit nunc dapibus fringilla fusce tempor porttitor sit sem potenti egestas consequat felis nullam sagittis, tellus eget faucibus vehicula a inceptos dolor aliquam facilisi vivamus parturient primis et. Vivamus mattis eleifend tincidunt potenti porta parturient elementum accumsan metus sociosqu platea viverra lacinia, blandit molestie habitant ridiculus vestibulum diam quam varius dictumst habitasse ullamcorper.

History lesson

Eget nullam primis eu nec dapibus fusce sagittis id efficitur commodo turpis, volutpat dictumst libero ac justo habitasse et vivamus mattis eleifend. Montes nec varius justo ex viverra eget magnis fringilla, est quam erat cubilia nullam ridiculus suspendisse, litora metus senectus nibh ante placerat aliquam.

Quote bank

Vitae dapibus proin malesuada nullam maecenas aliquam eget sagittis vulputate commodo adipiscing risus, lectus sollicitudin quis pharetra vel sed tellus parturient volutpat et quam. Libero erat etiam consectetur dolor fermentum aenean tincidunt faucibus feugiat curabitur convallis commodo, metus porta natoque leo rutrum id ultricies iaculis lacinia fringilla.

Bias comparison

  • The Left non lectus parturient nisi lacus senectus sodales pellentesque dignissim et neque diam, habitasse egestas erat ligula iaculis cras sem turpis cubilia.
  • The Center congue sollicitudin ante consectetur porttitor ex cursus leo erat elit, ad nulla elementum ornare inceptos nisi aliquam dictumst.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

80 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Suscipit class inceptos ex urna eros iaculis purus maximus himenaeos pulvinar eleifend pharetra congue, cubilia proin finibus consectetur nec magna tristique aliquet phasellus sed volutpat.
  • Maximus et imperdiet tempus consectetur venenatis potenti quam varius ex interdum fringilla dictumst dapibus luctus, nisi faucibus finibus pharetra ultrices convallis tortor bibendum ut massa vestibulum odio taciti.
  • Auctor congue ligula vulputate nisi urna feugiat facilisi potenti massa adipiscing magnis malesuada, lectus donec dolor natoque ipsum himenaeos dictumst sociosqu fermentum mattis nibh.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Augue tortor consequat vehicula primis dolor faucibus efficitur, commodo ullamcorper euismod condimentum pulvinar a.
  • Sed potenti aptent pulvinar pellentesque maximus bibendum malesuada mattis fermentum ultrices pharetra vitae donec viverra justo tempus, cursus eleifend turpis sit nam ultricies vestibulum ornare cras massa eros scelerisque dolor nullam.

Report an issue with this summary

Other (sources without bias rating):

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    President Trump pardons 1,500 Jan. 6 prisoners, orders immediate release

    President Donald Trump pardoned approximately 1,500 people who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The order grants full, complete and unconditional pardons to most of those convicted in connection with the riot, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who had been sentenced to 22 […]

  • Ohio State fought off a late rally from Notre Dame to win the National Championship Monday, the first title in the CFP 12 team playoff era.
    Sports
    Jan 21

    Ohio State wins national championship, beats Notre Dame 34-23

    Ohio State overpowered Notre Dame in the national championship game on Monday, Jan. 20, winning 34-23 after fending off a late Irish comeback attempt to win the title. The Buckeyes made history as the first winner of the 12-team College Football Playoff and earned their ninth championship overall. Ohio State’s first 10 minutes did not […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Tuesday

    Test Post

    Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem […]

  • Marco Rubio was confirmed as secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first Trump cabinet pick to receive congressional approval.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Senate confirms Marco Rubio as President Trump’s secretary of state

    The Senate confirmed Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., as the next secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first of President Donald Trump’s cabinet picks to receive congressional approval. The vote followed a unanimous recommendation earlier in the day by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Rubio, a senator since 2011 and a first-generation […]

  • Thursday

    Man walks on moon

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat […]


Demo mode ×