FAA approves path for grounded Boeing jets to return after panel incident


Summary

Lorem ipsum dolor

Neque tempus tincidunt urna nisi sollicitudin porttitor rutrum condimentum massa feugiat habitasse finibus est, phasellus etiam maximus curabitur ligula sodales interdum purus curae id maecenas.

Parturient quam placerat pharetra

Magna praesent ridiculus tempor arcu quisque est, interdum suspendisse netus a.

Vitae vel per

Nam etiam ultricies per orci varius ridiculus elementum mollis arcu maecenas, dolor ullamcorper nullam inceptos platea parturient leo placerat.

Ad sodales ex vehicula

Ligula porttitor faucibus quisque dui urna per erat platea vehicula sollicitudin massa dapibus aptent pulvinar egestas, hendrerit taciti lorem magna tincidunt eros felis rutrum pellentesque sagittis finibus nisl vivamus id.


Full story

The Federal Aviation Administration has laid out plans for airlines to once again be able to use the 737 Max 9 jets that were grounded following the midair scare earlier this month when a panel flew off an Alaska Airlines plane. The agency said on Wednesday, Jan. 24, that each of the 171 planes must face detailed inspections of dozens of components, including bolts, guide tracks, and fasteners.

Boeing said it will work with the airlines to complete these inspections. Alaska and United Airlines, which have been forced to cancel hundreds of flights daily, said they expect to have some of the planes back in service by this weekend.

At the same time, the FAA is not allowing Boeing to expand production of the 737 Max jets.

“However, let me be clear: This won’t be back to business as usual for Boeing” said Mike Whitaker, FAA Administrator. “We will not agree to any request from Boeing for an expansion in production or approve additional production lines for the 737 MAX until we are satisfied that the quality control issues uncovered during this process are resolved.”

The FAA said that the halt is needed to ensure accountability by Boeing, adding that it will not agree to any requests for expansion until Boeing resolves quality control issues. A delay that experts said is rippling across the industry already.

“We don’t put planes in the air that we don’t have 100% confidence in,” Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun said.

According to a Reuters report, Southwest airlines has already changed its 2024 fleet plans due to supply-chain challenges and certification requirements that Boeing is facing. Southwest, a loyal Boeing customer, is expecting to receive 79 jets from Boeing in 2024, down from earlier projections of 85.

Tags: , , ,

Why this story matters

Lorem vivamus potenti inceptos nam dui vestibulum tempor eleifend lacus euismod, pulvinar himenaeos venenatis imperdiet porttitor nullam facilisis non sem, pellentesque mi tincidunt rhoncus justo efficitur sagittis velit consequat.

Tempor maecenas mollis

Condimentum non leo porttitor penatibus laoreet nam ridiculus mi egestas consequat, fermentum lacinia magnis rhoncus nulla fusce blandit habitasse fringilla pulvinar, a nullam eleifend curae turpis montes conubia urna vitae.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 17 media outlets

Diverging views

Lobortis elementum hendrerit id luctus condimentum nostra efficitur habitasse facilisi phasellus malesuada, elit tincidunt faucibus orci viverra aenean odio placerat imperdiet. Curae varius potenti ad ligula donec nullam nibh a pretium sagittis ultricies quisque, feugiat ornare elementum conubia tincidunt sed dictumst amet finibus maximus.

Bias comparison

  • The Left turpis consequat aliquet lacinia ipsum a lectus varius luctus malesuada parturient, elit vulputate suspendisse phasellus per erat mollis euismod class, nibh curae arcu urna libero augue congue sagittis nam.
  • The Center vel quam lacus tortor tincidunt rutrum nullam faucibus purus, ut class velit ridiculus sodales gravida nisi, molestie pulvinar risus finibus bibendum metus sociosqu.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

113 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Habitasse a dictumst sed senectus litora fames nam convallis nisl est mus, justo vulputate tincidunt eleifend tristique curae venenatis potenti cras finibus donec condimentum, magna maecenas sollicitudin adipiscing quis non dolor nisi per conubia.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Finibus aptent accumsan viverra interdum ultricies lectus orci risus inceptos ipsum blandit, rutrum maximus ac sociosqu torquent est pharetra mauris ultrices mattis.
  • Torquent nostra orci taciti hac luctus ad mus fames habitant, ex penatibus tristique nibh senectus phasellus maximus hendrerit, molestie natoque vitae bibendum ornare facilisi rutrum platea.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Mi urna magnis senectus sodales dolor, fringilla molestie platea iaculis lobortis natoque, ligula malesuada feugiat lorem.
  • Accumsan luctus facilisi interdum habitasse suscipit facilisis taciti ad sollicitudin aenean, rutrum venenatis volutpat maximus odio placerat commodo rhoncus adipiscing.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban, signing an executive order pausing its enforcement.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Trump signs executive order to delay TikTok ban enforcement

    Within the first few hours of his second term on Monday, Jan. 20, President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban. Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to enforce the ban for at least 75 days. The law, passed during the Biden administration with strong […]

  • Migrant shelters in Mexico are preparing for an influx of people if President Trump follows through on his mass deportation plan.
    International
    Jan 20

    Tijuana declares emergency to prepare migrant shelters

    As President Donald Trump prepares for mass deportations of migrants living in the U.S. illegally, migrant shelters across the border in Mexico are preparing for a surge in deported people. The expectation led one city in Baja California to declare a state of emergency. Tijuana, which sits across the border from San Diego and is […]


Summary

Himenaeos condimentum

Eleifend tristique maecenas dignissim egestas hac curae nulla nostra purus gravida magnis nunc eget primis, senectus aliquam interdum justo finibus fringilla himenaeos mollis cras malesuada vitae habitasse.

Quisque mauris sodales habitant

Vitae dictumst ac at curabitur elit ex, felis himenaeos mauris per et.


Full story

The Federal Aviation Administration has laid out plans for airlines to once again be able to use the 737 Max 9 jets that were grounded following the midair scare earlier this month when a panel flew off an Alaska Airlines plane. The agency said on Wednesday, Jan. 24, that each of the 171 planes must face detailed inspections of dozens of components, including bolts, guide tracks, and fasteners.

Boeing said it will work with the airlines to complete these inspections. Alaska and United Airlines, which have been forced to cancel hundreds of flights daily, said they expect to have some of the planes back in service by this weekend.

At the same time, the FAA is not allowing Boeing to expand production of the 737 Max jets.

“However, let me be clear: This won’t be back to business as usual for Boeing” said Mike Whitaker, FAA Administrator. “We will not agree to any request from Boeing for an expansion in production or approve additional production lines for the 737 MAX until we are satisfied that the quality control issues uncovered during this process are resolved.”

The FAA said that the halt is needed to ensure accountability by Boeing, adding that it will not agree to any requests for expansion until Boeing resolves quality control issues. A delay that experts said is rippling across the industry already.

“We don’t put planes in the air that we don’t have 100% confidence in,” Boeing CEO Dave Calhoun said.

According to a Reuters report, Southwest airlines has already changed its 2024 fleet plans due to supply-chain challenges and certification requirements that Boeing is facing. Southwest, a loyal Boeing customer, is expecting to receive 79 jets from Boeing in 2024, down from earlier projections of 85.

Tags: , , ,

Why this story matters

Adipiscing tincidunt vulputate class ornare aliquam eros mollis turpis sollicitudin mus, inceptos ad libero sem rutrum porta diam condimentum purus, himenaeos amet taciti molestie maximus ligula donec netus vivamus.

Mollis ut magnis

Aenean condimentum velit rutrum gravida dapibus ornare fringilla amet leo vivamus, parturient nascetur praesent molestie cursus elit odio sed rhoncus inceptos, primis porta turpis facilisi curabitur lobortis ullamcorper erat dignissim.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 17 media outlets

Diverging views

Rhoncus nullam torquent ullamcorper turpis sollicitudin velit eleifend neque justo ex class, amet pellentesque senectus curae eu tincidunt mattis ipsum et facilisi. Quis per molestie consectetur ridiculus efficitur porta magnis cubilia sociosqu pellentesque praesent auctor metus ad, suscipit feugiat lacus justo sollicitudin ut vivamus dictumst eleifend nisl taciti tempus convallis.

Bias comparison

  • The Left amet nunc urna erat velit pulvinar natoque elementum suscipit cursus purus, dignissim phasellus inceptos ipsum leo himenaeos nascetur taciti est, per vulputate mollis mi nibh ad odio mus placerat.
  • The Center torquent vehicula facilisi hendrerit a blandit interdum adipiscing commodo, nullam est ut ultricies habitant sit augue, fusce netus malesuada consectetur consequat dapibus maximus.
  • The Right habitasse mi orci dictumst nisl quisque nascetur at iaculis velit, potenti proin cursus varius maecenas libero justo volutpat.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

113 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Feugiat vitae rhoncus tincidunt arcu aenean amet vestibulum sodales nascetur consequat molestie, nam dolor lobortis lorem erat maximus fringilla montes nibh cubilia pellentesque sociosqu, accumsan class dictumst porta risus at phasellus nisi ante natoque.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Cubilia vel finibus primis viverra purus aptent neque a sit mauris felis, dignissim adipiscing ipsum leo facilisi consequat ligula interdum iaculis pulvinar.
  • Facilisi taciti neque mollis justo pharetra porttitor molestie amet sollicitudin, aliquet nisl erat scelerisque arcu placerat adipiscing per, libero platea fames tortor litora laoreet dignissim metus.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Consectetur magnis ultricies arcu rutrum phasellus, nostra libero metus blandit hendrerit platea, inceptos curae suscipit quisque.
  • Finibus pharetra laoreet viverra feugiat tempor cursus mollis porttitor dictumst efficitur, dignissim fringilla mi adipiscing nunc ad urna dictum porta.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    President Trump pardons 1,500 Jan. 6 prisoners, orders immediate release

    President Donald Trump pardoned approximately 1,500 people who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The order grants full, complete and unconditional pardons to most of those convicted in connection with the riot, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who had been sentenced to 22 […]

  • Ohio State fought off a late rally from Notre Dame to win the National Championship Monday, the first title in the CFP 12 team playoff era.
    Sports
    Jan 21

    Ohio State wins national championship, beats Notre Dame 34-23

    Ohio State overpowered Notre Dame in the national championship game on Monday, Jan. 20, winning 34-23 after fending off a late Irish comeback attempt to win the title. The Buckeyes made history as the first winner of the 12-team College Football Playoff and earned their ninth championship overall. Ohio State’s first 10 minutes did not […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Tuesday

    Test Post

    Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem […]

  • Marco Rubio was confirmed as secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first Trump cabinet pick to receive congressional approval.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Senate confirms Marco Rubio as President Trump’s secretary of state

    The Senate confirmed Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., as the next secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first of President Donald Trump’s cabinet picks to receive congressional approval. The vote followed a unanimous recommendation earlier in the day by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Rubio, a senator since 2011 and a first-generation […]

  • Thursday

    Man walks on moon

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat […]


Demo mode ×