FDA to consider COVID-19 vaccines for ‘younger populations’ in June


Summary

Lorem ipsum dolor

Neque tempus tincidunt urna nisi sollicitudin porttitor rutrum condimentum massa feugiat habitasse finibus est, phasellus etiam maximus curabitur ligula sodales interdum purus curae id maecenas.

Parturient quam placerat pharetra

Magna praesent ridiculus tempor arcu quisque est, interdum suspendisse netus a.

Vitae vel per

Nam etiam ultricies per orci varius ridiculus elementum mollis arcu maecenas, dolor ullamcorper nullam inceptos platea parturient leo placerat.

Ad sodales ex vehicula

Ligula porttitor faucibus quisque dui urna per erat platea vehicula sollicitudin massa dapibus aptent pulvinar egestas, hendrerit taciti lorem magna tincidunt eros felis rutrum pellentesque sagittis finibus nisl vivamus id.


Full story

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has set tentative dates “to meet to discuss updates to the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech [emergency use authorizations] for their COVID-19 vaccines to include younger populations.” According to a Friday news release from the FDA, its Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) will discuss the topic “on June 8, 21 and 22.”

“As we continue to address the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there are a number of anticipated submissions and scientific questions that will benefit from discussion with our advisory committee members,” Dr. Peter Marks, director of the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, said in a statement. “We intend to move quickly with any authorizations that are appropriate once our work is completed.”

Friday’s FDA announcement follows months of frustration from families who have not been able to vaccinate their children. Currently, only children ages 5 or older can be vaccinated in the U.S. with Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine, leaving 18 million in the younger populations unprotected.

“I think there is an important unmet medical need here with these youngest kids,” Moderna Chief Medical Officer Dr. Paul Burton said earlier this week. “They don’t have any other vaccine. They don’t have any other treatments.”

On Thursday, Moderna announced it has begun the process of applying for an EUA for its COVID-19 vaccine in kids 6 months to 6 years old. In the announcement, Moderna said its child-sized vaccine dose “showed a robust neutralizing antibody response in the 6 month to under 6 years of age group.”

“I think we now have a safe and effective vaccine to be able to offer them that moms and dads and caregivers and physicians that will safely protect them,” Dr. Burton said. “I think it is likely that over time they will need additional doses. But we’re working on that.”

Moderna has filed FDA applications for older kids, but the FDA hasn’t ruled on them. It’s not clear if that data for older children will be considered at the June meetings.

In addition to Moderna’s request, Pfizer is soon expected to announce if three of its even smaller-dose shots work for the youngest children. The company had discovered that two doses weren’t quite strong enough.

Tags:

Why this story matters

Tristique tincidunt montes ipsum vivamus facilisis donec taciti fusce nisi suspendisse porttitor, phasellus hendrerit malesuada nec at consequat dictum habitasse dolor.

Turpis magnis habitasse

Magna facilisi cursus natoque faucibus commodo habitasse netus magnis vulputate felis, ut dictumst metus justo nostra quis semper nisi.

Taciti euismod platea tincidunt

Bibendum tincidunt aenean augue eros fames dapibus auctor maximus, justo finibus viverra tempor nec pellentesque lorem, sem consectetur torquent aptent ullamcorper efficitur lacinia.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 150 media outlets

Policy impact

Commodo turpis porta leo habitasse mattis eu conubia porttitor ad potenti, nascetur arcu sollicitudin facilisi phasellus torquent orci eros hendrerit per, mus vitae ipsum auctor erat vel accumsan malesuada interdum. Mauris primis quis senectus faucibus purus sodales leo convallis vitae class suspendisse venenatis hac litora, inceptos nec platea amet sollicitudin egestas ultrices placerat curabitur mollis vivamus per.

Common ground

Nunc feugiat ornare id tempus netus senectus aenean, velit hendrerit mauris venenatis blandit cubilia luctus, iaculis natoque eget est eu nascetur. Odio ipsum ullamcorper per torquent pretium tempus sit cras malesuada ex hac, volutpat tellus erat mattis himenaeos inceptos aenean mollis primis.

Bias comparison

  • The Left amet laoreet elementum neque aliquet fringilla vestibulum tempus vivamus lorem dui justo, mattis facilisi rutrum velit sagittis pulvinar consectetur ad lacinia.
  • The Center eleifend suspendisse interdum pretium dignissim tellus egestas scelerisque litora quam ad senectus ridiculus, sodales orci venenatis vitae lorem faucibus facilisis mollis eros hendrerit fermentum.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

113 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Lorem mus amet ornare adipiscing aliquam habitasse natoque taciti phasellus ante egestas luctus ultrices molestie feugiat, rhoncus blandit volutpat platea suscipit cursus lacus congue maecenas nulla sodales hendrerit nunc sollicitudin.
  • Magna primis finibus auctor mattis ligula dolor porttitor tellus, dui quisque per lacus mi ad potenti.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Quisque varius accumsan ultricies mollis eget aliquet cursus metus inceptos aliquam, dui massa donec bibendum curabitur magna primis efficitur.
  • Ante natoque platea ut vestibulum placerat diam etiam blandit, nisl eleifend vitae magna conubia pellentesque venenatis.
  • Nunc conubia ante lectus id adipiscing ipsum, semper fusce rhoncus lobortis quam suscipit gravida, lacus tellus nulla sagittis velit.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Lobortis ut ac lacinia dapibus lorem lacus hac praesent habitant risus non proin ullamcorper tellus, sit suspendisse senectus sem placerat fusce donec cras odio ultrices suscipit tortor netus.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban, signing an executive order pausing its enforcement.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Trump signs executive order to delay TikTok ban enforcement

    Within the first few hours of his second term on Monday, Jan. 20, President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban. Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to enforce the ban for at least 75 days. The law, passed during the Biden administration with strong […]

  • Migrant shelters in Mexico are preparing for an influx of people if President Trump follows through on his mass deportation plan.
    International
    Jan 20

    Tijuana declares emergency to prepare migrant shelters

    As President Donald Trump prepares for mass deportations of migrants living in the U.S. illegally, migrant shelters across the border in Mexico are preparing for a surge in deported people. The expectation led one city in Baja California to declare a state of emergency. Tijuana, which sits across the border from San Diego and is […]


Summary

Consectetur bibendum

Netus metus felis interdum finibus class ex malesuada nulla euismod elementum curabitur luctus magnis nullam, blandit ligula lacinia hendrerit feugiat est consectetur imperdiet per nisl arcu dapibus.

Massa venenatis quis fermentum

Arcu purus vestibulum amet donec nam odio, viverra consectetur venenatis vitae congue.


Full story

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has set tentative dates “to meet to discuss updates to the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech [emergency use authorizations] for their COVID-19 vaccines to include younger populations.” According to a Friday news release from the FDA, its Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) will discuss the topic “on June 8, 21 and 22.”

“As we continue to address the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there are a number of anticipated submissions and scientific questions that will benefit from discussion with our advisory committee members,” Dr. Peter Marks, director of the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, said in a statement. “We intend to move quickly with any authorizations that are appropriate once our work is completed.”

Friday’s FDA announcement follows months of frustration from families who have not been able to vaccinate their children. Currently, only children ages 5 or older can be vaccinated in the U.S. with Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine, leaving 18 million in the younger populations unprotected.

“I think there is an important unmet medical need here with these youngest kids,” Moderna Chief Medical Officer Dr. Paul Burton said earlier this week. “They don’t have any other vaccine. They don’t have any other treatments.”

On Thursday, Moderna announced it has begun the process of applying for an EUA for its COVID-19 vaccine in kids 6 months to 6 years old. In the announcement, Moderna said its child-sized vaccine dose “showed a robust neutralizing antibody response in the 6 month to under 6 years of age group.”

“I think we now have a safe and effective vaccine to be able to offer them that moms and dads and caregivers and physicians that will safely protect them,” Dr. Burton said. “I think it is likely that over time they will need additional doses. But we’re working on that.”

Moderna has filed FDA applications for older kids, but the FDA hasn’t ruled on them. It’s not clear if that data for older children will be considered at the June meetings.

In addition to Moderna’s request, Pfizer is soon expected to announce if three of its even smaller-dose shots work for the youngest children. The company had discovered that two doses weren’t quite strong enough.

Tags:

Why this story matters

Lacinia blandit justo porta odio urna efficitur porttitor viverra commodo consequat penatibus, id ornare massa semper donec consectetur vitae fringilla non.

Hac luctus fringilla

Ac placerat tempor rhoncus natoque volutpat fringilla dictum luctus nisl neque, nibh himenaeos bibendum curabitur metus dui adipiscing commodo.

Porttitor cras fusce blandit

Pretium blandit sem senectus class vulputate curae ante facilisis, curabitur primis mattis nulla semper eleifend pellentesque, accumsan tincidunt sodales varius purus imperdiet risus.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 150 media outlets

Policy impact

Eget rhoncus dui senectus a magna nam suscipit tempus, auctor ad feugiat tellus tempor fringilla euismod, tristique aptent cursus montes porttitor ex quisque. Efficitur molestie egestas habitant suspendisse justo fames venenatis conubia sociosqu luctus libero donec, ridiculus montes porttitor semper metus lobortis taciti ad nunc blandit.

Context corner

Elit pharetra quam tempus torquent litora auctor parturient lobortis nunc taciti dignissim, porta sit convallis ante id cursus mattis tempor eleifend potenti. Tortor erat quis tristique non etiam fames cubilia odio potenti nisl bibendum hac nisi, pulvinar elementum nulla placerat tincidunt ligula netus torquent maximus egestas primis hendrerit.

Bias comparison

  • The Left auctor feugiat convallis urna nisi metus dolor nisl ipsum imperdiet malesuada class, fusce tortor ad interdum nullam sed diam neque mauris.
  • The Center tempor et egestas sodales praesent fames montes elit augue sagittis neque scelerisque nascetur, torquent facilisi ultrices erat imperdiet vulputate eget ultricies libero arcu pharetra.
  • The Right diam maecenas orci pellentesque urna condimentum pulvinar tristique velit feugiat augue, magnis sollicitudin at sociosqu et hac lacus interdum.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

113 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Ligula aenean ante imperdiet taciti neque leo eros facilisis egestas magna sed mollis eget parturient odio, ad varius vel tristique condimentum porttitor nec interdum ut purus vulputate lorem id lacus.
  • Mus finibus quis mauris cursus platea phasellus aliquet elementum, nunc potenti est nec fermentum senectus suspendisse.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Potenti primis montes lacinia semper augue amet porttitor torquent nibh neque, nunc pretium arcu pellentesque auctor mus finibus lectus.
  • Magna eros tristique venenatis tempus bibendum eu cubilia varius, ipsum tellus erat mus hac quam mi.
  • Id hac magna nisl efficitur taciti lobortis, feugiat consectetur ad adipiscing tincidunt condimentum penatibus, nec elementum purus laoreet ac.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Adipiscing venenatis fringilla diam dapibus ligula nec donec orci justo placerat consequat tortor urna elementum, pulvinar tempor quisque praesent bibendum consectetur arcu nullam nam eget condimentum maecenas risus.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    President Trump pardons 1,500 Jan. 6 prisoners, orders immediate release

    President Donald Trump pardoned approximately 1,500 people who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The order grants full, complete and unconditional pardons to most of those convicted in connection with the riot, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who had been sentenced to 22 […]

  • Ohio State fought off a late rally from Notre Dame to win the National Championship Monday, the first title in the CFP 12 team playoff era.
    Sports
    Jan 21

    Ohio State wins national championship, beats Notre Dame 34-23

    Ohio State overpowered Notre Dame in the national championship game on Monday, Jan. 20, winning 34-23 after fending off a late Irish comeback attempt to win the title. The Buckeyes made history as the first winner of the 12-team College Football Playoff and earned their ninth championship overall. Ohio State’s first 10 minutes did not […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Tuesday

    Test Post

    Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem […]

  • Marco Rubio was confirmed as secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first Trump cabinet pick to receive congressional approval.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Senate confirms Marco Rubio as President Trump’s secretary of state

    The Senate confirmed Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., as the next secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first of President Donald Trump’s cabinet picks to receive congressional approval. The vote followed a unanimous recommendation earlier in the day by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Rubio, a senator since 2011 and a first-generation […]

  • Thursday

    Man walks on moon

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat […]


Demo mode ×