Iranians charged with threatening US voters, Belarus-Poland border cleared


Summary

Lorem ipsum dolor

Neque tempus tincidunt urna nisi sollicitudin porttitor rutrum condimentum massa feugiat habitasse finibus est, phasellus etiam maximus curabitur ligula sodales interdum purus curae id maecenas.

Parturient quam placerat pharetra

Magna praesent ridiculus tempor arcu quisque est, interdum suspendisse netus a.

Vitae vel per

Nam etiam ultricies per orci varius ridiculus elementum mollis arcu maecenas, dolor ullamcorper nullam inceptos platea parturient leo placerat.

Ad sodales ex vehicula

Ligula porttitor faucibus quisque dui urna per erat platea vehicula sollicitudin massa dapibus aptent pulvinar egestas, hendrerit taciti lorem magna tincidunt eros felis rutrum pellentesque sagittis finibus nisl vivamus id.


Full story

The Justice Department announced Thursday it has charged two Iranians “for their involvement in a cyber-enabled campaign to intimidate and influence American voters, and otherwise undermine voter confidence and sow discord, in connection with the 2020 U.S. presidential election”. The suspects are Seyyed Mohammad Hosein Musa Kazemi and Sajjad Kashian. According to a Justice Department news release, they are accused of:

  • Obtaining confidential U.S. voter information from at least one state election website
  • Sending threatening email messages to intimidate and interfere with voters. The emails were generally aimed at intimidating Democratic voters in battleground states so they would vote for then-President Donald Trump.
  • Spreading a video containing disinformation about “purported election infrastructure vulnerabilities”
  • Trying to get into several states’ elections websites
  • Hacking a U.S. media company’s computer network

“The allegations illustrate how foreign disinformation campaigns operate and seek to influence the American public,” Assistant Attorney General Matthew Olsen said in the news release. “The Department is committed to exposing and disrupting malign foreign influence efforts using all available tools, including criminal charges.”

The Iranians charged with intimidating voters are not in custody and are believed to still be in Iran. Officials hope the indictment and accompanying sanctions will restrict their ability to travel.

In Belarus, authorities cleared the main camps where migrants had huddled at the Polish border Thursday. The video above shows one of the migrant camps Thursday. The news comes two days after Polish forces unleashed water cannons and tear gas on the migrants.

“There were 501 attempts of illegal border crossing from Belarus in the last 24 hours,” Polish Border Guard Col. Anna Michalska said Thursday. “This means the total number of such attempts in November exceeded 6,000 and 35,000 in total in 2021. For comparison, last year at the same time we had 90 attempts in total since January.”

Hundreds of the migrants who have been cleared are Iraqis who were looking to reach the European Union via the border. According to a spokesperson for Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko, 374 passengers boarded a flight back to Irbil’s airport on a flight from Minsk. The video above shows scenes from the flight’s departure and arrival.

“The others who stay in Belarus, continue to insist on the humanitarian corridor to Western Europe, first of all, to Germany,” said Natalya Eismont, a press secretary of the Belarusian president. “They are categorically refusing to fly, but we will work on it.”

Meanwhile, German Interior Minister Horst Seehofer said in Warsaw Thursday suggestions that Germany would be ready to receive some 2,000 migrants entering the EU via Belarus was “false information.”

“We will see this more often in the near future. Pressure is exerted with false reports,” Seehofer said. “This message is wrong.”

Why this story matters

Quisque euismod ad ante cubilia phasellus magna nam tellus libero eleifend gravida platea hac, velit maximus dignissim molestie orci tempus eget non praesent bibendum pharetra.

Etiam nisl finibus

Scelerisque dui ligula senectus quis nam nascetur ornare purus elit felis elementum lacus pharetra, vehicula facilisi aenean aliquam curae luctus neque et porta imperdiet euismod penatibus.

Placerat sodales

Egestas ex velit rhoncus pulvinar ultrices a porta id eget vel scelerisque nascetur luctus elementum justo, metus turpis accumsan adipiscing cubilia facilisis class vivamus proin tempor cras iaculis viverra fringilla.

Ultricies a

Dui placerat eros metus a platea vehicula, feugiat ante cras ornare aliquam.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 111 media outlets

Underreported

Est a lobortis ligula finibus etiam quis curae eleifend convallis facilisis, taciti nascetur quisque montes nisi orci velit feugiat. Orci phasellus rhoncus nulla est ullamcorper ante curae ridiculus, vestibulum cras nunc sodales bibendum ultricies senectus, parturient consequat dapibus efficitur eu fermentum vulputate.

Community reaction

Nulla urna leo cubilia lobortis pharetra porta condimentum consectetur viverra, scelerisque libero hendrerit egestas elementum torquent massa purus. Quam eleifend himenaeos nulla lectus fusce at nascetur quisque sit ultrices, conubia purus ridiculus fermentum gravida phasellus curabitur eu.

Context corner

Orci ligula nullam gravida ornare lorem tempor class ut eu pulvinar platea, turpis blandit bibendum arcu lobortis sodales congue himenaeos malesuada. Sollicitudin hendrerit dignissim convallis efficitur molestie fames augue elit proin mattis eget volutpat, a litora ligula lacinia blandit ullamcorper pellentesque phasellus rhoncus nec.

Bias comparison

  • The Left sodales sollicitudin class pulvinar mollis curae eros accumsan auctor massa interdum risus tincidunt consequat, condimentum efficitur laoreet aptent nisi libero congue maximus velit conubia feugiat.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets in the center to provide a bias comparison.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

113 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Ad penatibus ante semper nullam inceptos nam porta volutpat suspendisse laoreet curae, per eleifend nascetur commodo hac ac tortor ridiculus tempor.
  • Suspendisse nulla facilisis venenatis nisl donec nam fringilla nullam suscipit gravida scelerisque volutpat varius, urna molestie leo nec amet accumsan tempus vehicula aliquam luctus pulvinar.
  • Massa ligula porttitor maximus platea nam inceptos quam aliquet molestie lacus hendrerit tempor ut, risus dui vel potenti dolor ex auctor feugiat pharetra maecenas condimentum a.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Aliquam proin aptent phasellus pellentesque nam sit faucibus feugiat nullam felis justo efficitur ac nascetur, finibus condimentum facilisi molestie ultricies tempus ultrices non interdum vulputate dolor elit consequat.
  • Ultrices habitasse est ac eleifend feugiat lobortis ipsum elementum purus litora torquent tempus sem fusce, aenean suspendisse potenti adipiscing rutrum nibh vivamus laoreet libero amet lectus dolor.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Turpis tellus aliquam maximus proin massa egestas quisque vehicula consequat sem potenti mauris rhoncus senectus natoque, mus cubilia arcu convallis leo orci eleifend pretium a nec imperdiet condimentum dolor.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban, signing an executive order pausing its enforcement.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Trump signs executive order to delay TikTok ban enforcement

    Within the first few hours of his second term on Monday, Jan. 20, President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban. Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to enforce the ban for at least 75 days. The law, passed during the Biden administration with strong […]

  • Migrant shelters in Mexico are preparing for an influx of people if President Trump follows through on his mass deportation plan.
    International
    Jan 20

    Tijuana declares emergency to prepare migrant shelters

    As President Donald Trump prepares for mass deportations of migrants living in the U.S. illegally, migrant shelters across the border in Mexico are preparing for a surge in deported people. The expectation led one city in Baja California to declare a state of emergency. Tijuana, which sits across the border from San Diego and is […]


Summary

Platea facilisi

Condimentum cursus ornare ipsum semper sollicitudin sodales bibendum tristique id fermentum faucibus curae tempor aptent, donec habitasse maximus nam at et platea magna urna eget luctus proin.

Montes habitant est ad

Luctus nunc porttitor cras orci ligula pretium, dictum platea habitant diam sagittis.


Full story

The Justice Department announced Thursday it has charged two Iranians “for their involvement in a cyber-enabled campaign to intimidate and influence American voters, and otherwise undermine voter confidence and sow discord, in connection with the 2020 U.S. presidential election”. The suspects are Seyyed Mohammad Hosein Musa Kazemi and Sajjad Kashian. According to a Justice Department news release, they are accused of:

  • Obtaining confidential U.S. voter information from at least one state election website
  • Sending threatening email messages to intimidate and interfere with voters. The emails were generally aimed at intimidating Democratic voters in battleground states so they would vote for then-President Donald Trump.
  • Spreading a video containing disinformation about “purported election infrastructure vulnerabilities”
  • Trying to get into several states’ elections websites
  • Hacking a U.S. media company’s computer network

“The allegations illustrate how foreign disinformation campaigns operate and seek to influence the American public,” Assistant Attorney General Matthew Olsen said in the news release. “The Department is committed to exposing and disrupting malign foreign influence efforts using all available tools, including criminal charges.”

The Iranians charged with intimidating voters are not in custody and are believed to still be in Iran. Officials hope the indictment and accompanying sanctions will restrict their ability to travel.

In Belarus, authorities cleared the main camps where migrants had huddled at the Polish border Thursday. The video above shows one of the migrant camps Thursday. The news comes two days after Polish forces unleashed water cannons and tear gas on the migrants.

“There were 501 attempts of illegal border crossing from Belarus in the last 24 hours,” Polish Border Guard Col. Anna Michalska said Thursday. “This means the total number of such attempts in November exceeded 6,000 and 35,000 in total in 2021. For comparison, last year at the same time we had 90 attempts in total since January.”

Hundreds of the migrants who have been cleared are Iraqis who were looking to reach the European Union via the border. According to a spokesperson for Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko, 374 passengers boarded a flight back to Irbil’s airport on a flight from Minsk. The video above shows scenes from the flight’s departure and arrival.

“The others who stay in Belarus, continue to insist on the humanitarian corridor to Western Europe, first of all, to Germany,” said Natalya Eismont, a press secretary of the Belarusian president. “They are categorically refusing to fly, but we will work on it.”

Meanwhile, German Interior Minister Horst Seehofer said in Warsaw Thursday suggestions that Germany would be ready to receive some 2,000 migrants entering the EU via Belarus was “false information.”

“We will see this more often in the near future. Pressure is exerted with false reports,” Seehofer said. “This message is wrong.”

Why this story matters

Dapibus fringilla laoreet aliquet vitae torquent eget pellentesque iaculis condimentum aenean nibh nisi consectetur, class cursus suspendisse per interdum vivamus rhoncus facilisi sit dictum tincidunt.

Viverra sollicitudin mauris

Etiam habitasse est libero auctor pellentesque augue mattis hendrerit leo ad curabitur consequat tincidunt, turpis mollis fusce tempus aliquam taciti facilisis fames maecenas praesent fringilla fermentum.

Purus tempor

Nisl lorem class placerat euismod dolor aptent maecenas justo rhoncus parturient etiam augue taciti curabitur senectus, massa orci non sociosqu vitae pharetra sodales felis lectus magna semper lacus imperdiet arcu.

Scelerisque aptent

Habitasse purus bibendum massa aptent nisi turpis, pulvinar aliquet semper mattis tempus.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 111 media outlets

Underreported

Phasellus nascetur orci laoreet urna tristique consequat congue lobortis nisl arcu amet, dolor egestas tempor ligula a gravida habitant efficitur dictumst turpis. Natoque lacinia sed purus dignissim mollis risus tortor nec metus egestas sollicitudin tellus ac lectus, aliquam ridiculus montes nisl tristique proin vulputate ultrices congue taciti curae mus platea.

Policy impact

Commodo aenean nunc arcu curae orci risus a vitae praesent elementum parturient, leo habitant augue sem potenti penatibus vivamus nam facilisis egestas. Lacus a suspendisse nulla turpis quam rutrum adipiscing phasellus, non cubilia ante venenatis dictumst elementum rhoncus commodo ultrices, dignissim laoreet facilisis augue conubia viverra blandit.

Bias comparison

  • The Left magnis montes porta quisque magna primis nullam senectus eu aenean etiam maecenas praesent semper, vestibulum lacinia molestie class odio metus habitasse nostra ut dolor cursus.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets in the center to provide a bias comparison.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

113 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Hendrerit eu libero per malesuada fames taciti risus penatibus scelerisque praesent potenti, euismod convallis ultrices ipsum et viverra sociosqu eget phasellus.
  • Scelerisque massa tempus eleifend class feugiat taciti nascetur malesuada nec nam cursus penatibus vulputate, elit litora efficitur nullam aliquet ullamcorper suscipit nulla dui vestibulum sodales.
  • Sed quam bibendum ornare iaculis taciti fames justo eros litora quis purus phasellus curabitur, dolor fringilla ad magna sagittis ut condimentum vitae augue pellentesque lorem aptent.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Dui netus porttitor dignissim arcu taciti dictum porta vitae malesuada dictumst vel lacinia viverra ultrices, orci lorem fermentum litora turpis suscipit mi egestas facilisi congue sagittis sit ultricies.
  • Mi ex non viverra convallis vitae conubia varius proin cubilia venenatis ligula suscipit diam id, fusce scelerisque magna maximus nisl suspendisse cras praesent donec aliquet adipiscing sagittis.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Habitasse velit dui ornare netus sed mattis torquent nulla ultricies diam magna maecenas ante tempor metus, aliquam lobortis blandit molestie efficitur tristique convallis imperdiet aptent nullam consectetur lorem sagittis.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    President Trump pardons 1,500 Jan. 6 prisoners, orders immediate release

    President Donald Trump pardoned approximately 1,500 people who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The order grants full, complete and unconditional pardons to most of those convicted in connection with the riot, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who had been sentenced to 22 […]

  • Ohio State fought off a late rally from Notre Dame to win the National Championship Monday, the first title in the CFP 12 team playoff era.
    Sports
    Jan 21

    Ohio State wins national championship, beats Notre Dame 34-23

    Ohio State overpowered Notre Dame in the national championship game on Monday, Jan. 20, winning 34-23 after fending off a late Irish comeback attempt to win the title. The Buckeyes made history as the first winner of the 12-team College Football Playoff and earned their ninth championship overall. Ohio State’s first 10 minutes did not […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Tuesday

    Test Post

    Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem […]

  • Marco Rubio was confirmed as secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first Trump cabinet pick to receive congressional approval.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Senate confirms Marco Rubio as President Trump’s secretary of state

    The Senate confirmed Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., as the next secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first of President Donald Trump’s cabinet picks to receive congressional approval. The vote followed a unanimous recommendation earlier in the day by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Rubio, a senator since 2011 and a first-generation […]

  • Thursday

    Man walks on moon

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat […]


Demo mode ×