Matt Gaetz says he will not return to Congress


Summary

Lorem ipsum dolor

Neque tempus tincidunt urna nisi sollicitudin porttitor rutrum condimentum massa feugiat habitasse finibus est, phasellus etiam maximus curabitur ligula sodales interdum purus curae id maecenas.

Parturient quam placerat pharetra

Magna praesent ridiculus tempor arcu quisque est, interdum suspendisse netus a.

Vitae vel per

Nam etiam ultricies per orci varius ridiculus elementum mollis arcu maecenas, dolor ullamcorper nullam inceptos platea parturient leo placerat.

Ad sodales ex vehicula

Ligula porttitor faucibus quisque dui urna per erat platea vehicula sollicitudin massa dapibus aptent pulvinar egestas, hendrerit taciti lorem magna tincidunt eros felis rutrum pellentesque sagittis finibus nisl vivamus id.


Full story

Former Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., who dropped out as nominee for Attorney General, said he will not return to Congress in January 2025. Gaetz resigned from the current 118th Congress, but was elected to join the 119th, so he could have been sworn in if he chose. 

“I’m still gonna be in the fight but it’s gonna be from a new perch. I do not intend to join the 119th Congress,” Gaetz said on Real America’s Voice. “There are a number of fantastic Floridians who’ve stepped up to run.” 

Gaetz’s wife, Ginger, posted on X.

“Unemployment has never looked so good,” she wrote.

Gaetz withdrew as Attorney General nominee on Thursday, Nov. 21. He met with Senators on Capitol Hill Wednesday, Nov. 20 and acknowledged there were multiple Republicans who were not willing to support him. He could only lose three GOP votes to be confirmed, and Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, had already said she was a no, while others expressed reservations.

Gaetz was under investigation by the House Ethics Committee for allegations including sexual misconduct, illicit drug use, converting campaign funds for personal use and accepting a bribe. The committee was actively considering whether to release their report, even though Gaetz had already resigned and was therefore no longer under their jurisdiction. 

“They go and dredge up false, years old allegations of the most salacious and click baitey flavor possible,” Gaetz said. “And in this case those allegations were coming from sources that Merrick Garland’s DOJ had deemed not credible.” 

After Gaetz withdrew, President-elect DonaldTrump nominated former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi to lead the department. 

“Pam Bondi’s confirmation won’t have some of the sharp edges that mine would have, it won’t have the same long process,” Gaetz told host Charlie Kirk. “So AG Bondi will be able to start implementing those Trump policies right away so we’re ready on day one.” 

Now that Gaetz is out of Congress and not returning, the Ethics Committee report into his conduct will likely never be released. 

Tags: , , , , ,

Why this story matters

Ultrices nullam sociosqu etiam dolor proin mollis egestas laoreet faucibus habitasse, ad pellentesque himenaeos varius ligula eros congue mauris.

Risus cras

Auctor massa volutpat litora venenatis finibus vivamus molestie nostra quis est ante semper nam, platea maecenas nibh egestas senectus ut cursus congue odio sollicitudin sed pharetra.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 49 media outlets

Solution spotlight

Facilisi sociosqu et elementum tellus potenti mollis rutrum ante maximus vestibulum, convallis viverra natoque quam nec nulla lectus ridiculus. Nulla at porta id facilisi lobortis adipiscing rutrum curabitur, cubilia ac sodales tempor elit imperdiet lacinia, senectus parturient diam aliquam litora gravida pulvinar.

Bias comparison

  • The Left accumsan ultricies mollis hac at litora himenaeos vivamus non risus nisi, arcu suscipit blandit cubilia vehicula lectus nunc nascetur.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets in the center to provide a bias comparison.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

111 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Interdum diam tempor lorem class ullamcorper odio magna aenean urna dignissim cubilia et, elementum mi vulputate mauris cursus fames nulla consequat libero id.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Purus praesent porta varius penatibus eget venenatis hac ullamcorper eleifend lorem ipsum, orci auctor suscipit senectus dui libero malesuada fringilla metus.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Venenatis elit lacus faucibus aliquam purus gravida id habitant, turpis maecenas volutpat neque nulla quam dictumst.
  • Faucibus ex potenti arcu risus neque interdum turpis facilisi fringilla mauris nibh convallis accumsan blandit, parturient sociosqu nulla netus lorem curabitur suscipit cras dictumst varius urna magna senectus.

Report an issue with this summary

Other (sources without bias rating):

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban, signing an executive order pausing its enforcement.
    Business
    Jan 21

    Trump signs executive order to delay TikTok ban enforcement

    Within the first few hours of his second term on Monday, Jan. 20, President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban. Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to enforce the ban for at least 75 days. The law, passed during the Biden administration with strong […]

  • Migrant shelters in Mexico are preparing for an influx of people if President Trump follows through on his mass deportation plan.
    International
    Jan 20

    Tijuana declares emergency to prepare migrant shelters

    As President Donald Trump prepares for mass deportations of migrants living in the U.S. illegally, migrant shelters across the border in Mexico are preparing for a surge in deported people. The expectation led one city in Baja California to declare a state of emergency. Tijuana, which sits across the border from San Diego and is […]


Summary

Tortor volutpat proin

Donec magnis phasellus gravida natoque finibus convallis nisi consequat aliquet conubia, auctor felis suscipit lorem id ac semper quisque curabitur, ad hendrerit mattis massa maximus efficitur habitasse pretium platea.

Tincidunt tellus

Platea imperdiet lectus vel leo amet lacinia dictumst metus felis convallis pulvinar porta feugiat ultricies ornare tristique nostra, fringilla dapibus suscipit faucibus interdum nisl dignissim nec sollicitudin facilisis rhoncus eros laoreet maecenas vitae.


Full story

Former Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., who dropped out as nominee for Attorney General, said he will not return to Congress in January 2025. Gaetz resigned from the current 118th Congress, but was elected to join the 119th, so he could have been sworn in if he chose. 

“I’m still gonna be in the fight but it’s gonna be from a new perch. I do not intend to join the 119th Congress,” Gaetz said on Real America’s Voice. “There are a number of fantastic Floridians who’ve stepped up to run.” 

Gaetz’s wife, Ginger, posted on X.

“Unemployment has never looked so good,” she wrote.

Gaetz withdrew as Attorney General nominee on Thursday, Nov. 21. He met with Senators on Capitol Hill Wednesday, Nov. 20 and acknowledged there were multiple Republicans who were not willing to support him. He could only lose three GOP votes to be confirmed, and Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, had already said she was a no, while others expressed reservations.

Gaetz was under investigation by the House Ethics Committee for allegations including sexual misconduct, illicit drug use, converting campaign funds for personal use and accepting a bribe. The committee was actively considering whether to release their report, even though Gaetz had already resigned and was therefore no longer under their jurisdiction. 

“They go and dredge up false, years old allegations of the most salacious and click baitey flavor possible,” Gaetz said. “And in this case those allegations were coming from sources that Merrick Garland’s DOJ had deemed not credible.” 

After Gaetz withdrew, President-elect DonaldTrump nominated former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi to lead the department. 

“Pam Bondi’s confirmation won’t have some of the sharp edges that mine would have, it won’t have the same long process,” Gaetz told host Charlie Kirk. “So AG Bondi will be able to start implementing those Trump policies right away so we’re ready on day one.” 

Now that Gaetz is out of Congress and not returning, the Ethics Committee report into his conduct will likely never be released. 

Tags: , , , , ,

Why this story matters

Tempus nibh parturient ut aptent ultrices nam odio consectetur tincidunt vitae, ipsum curabitur litora mus pretium quam scelerisque sit.

Eros facilisi

Justo malesuada magna a volutpat porta efficitur fusce sociosqu pharetra taciti augue nisi proin, donec orci netus odio at mattis semper scelerisque per phasellus leo sem.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 49 media outlets

Solution spotlight

Mauris eget proin pellentesque hac adipiscing at aptent rutrum imperdiet, lectus lobortis turpis nisi dui consectetur dictumst convallis. Urna dolor phasellus elementum blandit non vestibulum justo ac eros, nullam montes finibus purus nisi leo dictumst viverra, semper feugiat tincidunt rutrum sodales lacinia egestas ipsum.

Bias comparison

  • The Left laoreet mauris praesent quisque est auctor suscipit dolor sem ligula id, odio tempor per arcu placerat ipsum nostra nullam.
  • The Center mus gravida suspendisse interdum turpis ad lacus pellentesque iaculis nascetur, odio dictumst vestibulum arcu proin lacinia maecenas leo facilisi malesuada, quis ipsum dolor sagittis habitant congue bibendum mi.
  • The Right sed non mauris justo donec ex felis platea pulvinar lacus est ullamcorper, luctus id auctor torquent pharetra dictum tincidunt eros et.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

111 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Aliquam suspendisse volutpat scelerisque pellentesque augue facilisi bibendum ipsum vitae placerat auctor himenaeos, phasellus arcu maecenas nisi curabitur eget lobortis facilisis eu purus.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Habitasse consequat mus per tempus venenatis mollis justo augue sem scelerisque sit, egestas fusce luctus netus tristique eu montes vivamus orci.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Mollis fames parturient ultrices eleifend habitasse vehicula purus ligula, curae gravida erat blandit lobortis viverra magna.
  • Ultrices quam nullam ullamcorper lacus blandit aliquam curae porttitor vivamus nisi convallis eros sed id, dolor congue lobortis finibus scelerisque imperdiet luctus magnis magna per vitae bibendum netus.

Report an issue with this summary

Other (sources without bias rating):

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    President Trump pardons 1,500 Jan. 6 prisoners, orders immediate release

    President Donald Trump pardoned approximately 1,500 people who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The order grants full, complete and unconditional pardons to most of those convicted in connection with the riot, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who had been sentenced to 22 […]

  • Ohio State fought off a late rally from Notre Dame to win the National Championship Monday, the first title in the CFP 12 team playoff era.
    Sports
    Jan 21

    Ohio State wins national championship, beats Notre Dame 34-23

    Ohio State overpowered Notre Dame in the national championship game on Monday, Jan. 20, winning 34-23 after fending off a late Irish comeback attempt to win the title. The Buckeyes made history as the first winner of the 12-team College Football Playoff and earned their ninth championship overall. Ohio State’s first 10 minutes did not […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Tuesday

    Test Post

    Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem […]

  • Marco Rubio was confirmed as secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first Trump cabinet pick to receive congressional approval.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Senate confirms Marco Rubio as President Trump’s secretary of state

    The Senate confirmed Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., as the next secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first of President Donald Trump’s cabinet picks to receive congressional approval. The vote followed a unanimous recommendation earlier in the day by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Rubio, a senator since 2011 and a first-generation […]

  • 3 hrs ago

    Man walks on moon

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat […]


Demo mode ×