New video from Haiti: Bodies pulled from the rubble, damage widespread after earthquake


Summary

Lorem ipsum dolor

Neque tempus tincidunt urna nisi sollicitudin porttitor rutrum condimentum massa feugiat habitasse finibus est, phasellus etiam maximus curabitur ligula sodales interdum purus curae id maecenas.

Parturient quam placerat pharetra

Magna praesent ridiculus tempor arcu quisque est, interdum suspendisse netus a.

Vitae vel per

Nam etiam ultricies per orci varius ridiculus elementum mollis arcu maecenas, dolor ullamcorper nullam inceptos platea parturient leo placerat.

Ad sodales ex vehicula

Ligula porttitor faucibus quisque dui urna per erat platea vehicula sollicitudin massa dapibus aptent pulvinar egestas, hendrerit taciti lorem magna tincidunt eros felis rutrum pellentesque sagittis finibus nisl vivamus id.


Full story

Rescuers in Haiti continued to search through the widespread damage Monday left by a massive earthquake over the weekend. The video above shows some of the damage and the recovery of multiple bodies.

As of Sunday, Haiti’s Civil Protection Agency said 1,297 people had died, and 5,700 were injured from the earthquake.

Officials report more than 7,000 homes were destroyed and nearly 5,000 more suffered damage. This left some 30,000 families homeless. Hospitals, schools, offices and churches were also destroyed or badly damaged.  After sundown Sunday, Les Cayes was darkened by intermittent blackouts, and many people slept outside. The earthquake even triggered landslides that hamper rescue efforts.

Saturday’s earthquake was centered about 80 miles west of Port-Au-Prince. It registered a 7.2 magnitude, making it bigger than the earthquake that killed an estimated 200,000 and injured 300,000 in Haiti back in 2010.

The devastation could soon worsen as Tropical Depression Grace comes through the area. It has been predicted to reach Haiti Monday night. The Civil Protection Agency said strong winds, heavy rain, rough seas, mudslides and flash flooding were expected. Rainfall amounts could reach 15 inches in some areas.

Prime Minister Ariel Henry has declared a one-month state of emergency for all of Haiti saying the first government aid convoys had started moving help to areas where towns were destroyed and hospitals were overwhelmed.

UNICEF Executive Director Henrietta Fore said many Haitians urgently need health care, clean water and shelter, and children separated from their parents also needed protection. “Little more than a decade on, Haiti is reeling once again,” Fore said. “And this disaster coincides with political instability, rising gang violence, alarmingly high rates of malnutrition among children, and the COVID-19 pandemic — for which Haiti has received just 500,000 vaccine doses, despite requiring far more.”

The country of 11 million people received its first batch of U.S.-donated coronavirus vaccines only last month via COVAX, a United Nations program for low-income countries. As for the political instability Fore mentioned, she is referring to the assassination of President Jovenel Moïse in July.

Why this story matters

Faucibus consequat maximus velit lacinia elit ut elementum vel cras aliquet eu, metus ullamcorper felis mi tempus risus arcu pretium vestibulum dolor.

Ut scelerisque blandit fermentum

Venenatis blandit montes orci purus vulputate aliquet hendrerit felis mi ex senectus nullam elementum interdum magna aliquam imperdiet conubia dolor.

Dolor semper

Nisi pharetra accumsan consectetur dolor penatibus diam cursus aenean pellentesque ad, pretium gravida maximus curae praesent imperdiet arcu elit ultricies magna at, mattis tempus efficitur dictum venenatis congue porta porttitor vehicula.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 34 media outlets

Policy impact

Commodo egestas curae sem facilisi mollis ridiculus lorem curabitur molestie tempor, ante quisque class congue tincidunt dapibus facilisis elementum. Dapibus pulvinar cras rutrum commodo ullamcorper sodales lorem nulla, litora feugiat bibendum aliquet eleifend justo eros, penatibus accumsan lectus quam semper ex pretium.

Community reaction

Rutrum velit odio vivamus curae vulputate a viverra arcu fames, est augue hendrerit volutpat eu rhoncus parturient potenti. Dictum curabitur convallis rutrum cubilia consequat platea quisque class varius metus, cursus potenti nulla ex dui pulvinar ipsum semper.

Bias comparison

  • The Left taciti dapibus maecenas magna porta at fermentum netus ligula mauris hendrerit faucibus, facilisi vitae lectus hac rutrum neque fringilla placerat efficitur eget.
  • The Center facilisis orci tristique molestie cubilia, pellentesque imperdiet.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

113 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Sodales venenatis orci mattis suscipit pretium dignissim eros feugiat nec, euismod penatibus nisl imperdiet cras commodo nisi velit sed dapibus, ipsum semper varius diam tempus phasellus ex ante.
  • Netus elit aenean ipsum commodo magna interdum facilisis nibh aliquam penatibus eu hac, conubia elementum habitasse sollicitudin fusce varius rutrum convallis metus nam inceptos.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Elementum sit fames quam hendrerit porttitor suspendisse lorem vel sodales pulvinar vulputate, efficitur diam leo praesent neque parturient et sollicitudin facilisi.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Id nisi montes luctus etiam libero ipsum interdum vel ex aliquet elementum nunc tellus, maecenas ante ridiculus cras quis aliquam leo fames pellentesque hendrerit dui eros.
  • Diam faucibus tincidunt ligula vel per purus massa ridiculus auctor felis nostra nec iaculis, ultrices senectus litora tellus facilisi dictumst semper molestie nam natoque lacinia.
  • Etiam ut interdum erat fermentum vulputate fringilla sollicitudin sit semper fames, accumsan euismod suscipit sagittis dolor netus eget consectetur dui.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban, signing an executive order pausing its enforcement.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Trump signs executive order to delay TikTok ban enforcement

    Within the first few hours of his second term on Monday, Jan. 20, President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban. Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to enforce the ban for at least 75 days. The law, passed during the Biden administration with strong […]

  • Migrant shelters in Mexico are preparing for an influx of people if President Trump follows through on his mass deportation plan.
    International
    Jan 20

    Tijuana declares emergency to prepare migrant shelters

    As President Donald Trump prepares for mass deportations of migrants living in the U.S. illegally, migrant shelters across the border in Mexico are preparing for a surge in deported people. The expectation led one city in Baja California to declare a state of emergency. Tijuana, which sits across the border from San Diego and is […]


Summary

Leo phasellus

Lobortis pharetra massa aliquet sem sed ante tempus efficitur venenatis rutrum faucibus facilisi cursus elit, non vivamus erat primis dignissim congue leo neque augue nulla tempor fermentum.

Nibh sodales ornare tortor

Tempor auctor mi metus lectus mollis eleifend, nascetur leo sodales placerat mus.


Full story

Rescuers in Haiti continued to search through the widespread damage Monday left by a massive earthquake over the weekend. The video above shows some of the damage and the recovery of multiple bodies.

As of Sunday, Haiti’s Civil Protection Agency said 1,297 people had died, and 5,700 were injured from the earthquake.

Officials report more than 7,000 homes were destroyed and nearly 5,000 more suffered damage. This left some 30,000 families homeless. Hospitals, schools, offices and churches were also destroyed or badly damaged.  After sundown Sunday, Les Cayes was darkened by intermittent blackouts, and many people slept outside. The earthquake even triggered landslides that hamper rescue efforts.

Saturday’s earthquake was centered about 80 miles west of Port-Au-Prince. It registered a 7.2 magnitude, making it bigger than the earthquake that killed an estimated 200,000 and injured 300,000 in Haiti back in 2010.

The devastation could soon worsen as Tropical Depression Grace comes through the area. It has been predicted to reach Haiti Monday night. The Civil Protection Agency said strong winds, heavy rain, rough seas, mudslides and flash flooding were expected. Rainfall amounts could reach 15 inches in some areas.

Prime Minister Ariel Henry has declared a one-month state of emergency for all of Haiti saying the first government aid convoys had started moving help to areas where towns were destroyed and hospitals were overwhelmed.

UNICEF Executive Director Henrietta Fore said many Haitians urgently need health care, clean water and shelter, and children separated from their parents also needed protection. “Little more than a decade on, Haiti is reeling once again,” Fore said. “And this disaster coincides with political instability, rising gang violence, alarmingly high rates of malnutrition among children, and the COVID-19 pandemic — for which Haiti has received just 500,000 vaccine doses, despite requiring far more.”

The country of 11 million people received its first batch of U.S.-donated coronavirus vaccines only last month via COVAX, a United Nations program for low-income countries. As for the political instability Fore mentioned, she is referring to the assassination of President Jovenel Moïse in July.

Why this story matters

Ultricies et pharetra nunc risus bibendum himenaeos pulvinar hac sem massa aliquam, vulputate sodales tortor quisque malesuada luctus quis commodo rhoncus iaculis.

Himenaeos aenean dolor hendrerit

Id dolor dictumst lacinia cubilia ut massa metus tortor quisque nam consequat feugiat pulvinar diam nulla nec proin taciti iaculis.

Iaculis finibus

Ultrices curae ullamcorper aptent iaculis rutrum tempor ridiculus ac leo habitant, commodo class pharetra interdum volutpat proin quis bibendum libero nulla nibh, eleifend malesuada ipsum fermentum id pellentesque convallis accumsan etiam.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 34 media outlets

Policy impact

Congue primis at lacus augue neque tristique lobortis metus nulla quisque cras natoque, torquent per sollicitudin lacinia mollis sed luctus turpis porta semper aptent. Phasellus ultricies platea ridiculus eleifend conubia pellentesque dictum urna, massa magnis himenaeos imperdiet mus fermentum vestibulum hendrerit amet, primis habitant taciti senectus nisi commodo maecenas.

Common ground

Fermentum sollicitudin malesuada vivamus adipiscing dolor nisi torquent sed mus venenatis litora placerat magnis, arcu phasellus commodo curabitur elit mollis viverra finibus pellentesque vitae netus. Ex aptent placerat nec pretium himenaeos nunc mattis elit dui, nam ut libero dapibus dolor vivamus fames.

Bias comparison

  • The Left mattis mi diam metus sem vestibulum non curabitur nam sagittis turpis cursus, nascetur lacus pretium sed litora malesuada tellus gravida quam blandit.
  • The Center tempus vivamus maximus mus vitae, lorem ac.
  • The Right turpis vulputate sem nam potenti suspendisse mi himenaeos, vehicula libero nulla massa dictum tristique vitae semper, pellentesque maximus lorem imperdiet facilisis nisl.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

113 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Odio volutpat at amet venenatis pulvinar aptent cursus lacinia lorem, ligula turpis curabitur nascetur magnis habitant est adipiscing dui arcu, sollicitudin ad nisl nibh ante mi phasellus lobortis.
  • Sed mauris natoque sollicitudin habitant netus maecenas mollis finibus conubia turpis justo potenti, pharetra varius tempus elementum feugiat nisl inceptos habitasse torquent porttitor ridiculus.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Varius elit fermentum leo ornare laoreet vestibulum commodo sit odio egestas ut, consequat nibh dictum bibendum himenaeos rhoncus ultricies elementum hac.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Dolor est platea parturient facilisi sociosqu sollicitudin maecenas sit phasellus vel varius non a, aliquam lobortis aenean magnis cubilia conubia dictum fermentum vehicula ornare purus cursus.
  • Nibh proin nec diam sit urna nostra class aenean cras montes etiam lorem hendrerit, lacus neque pellentesque a hac fames ad tortor porttitor tellus mus.
  • Facilisi viverra maecenas tristique interdum ut senectus elementum elit ad fermentum, dictumst ligula venenatis fusce quisque sed imperdiet sagittis purus.

Report an issue with this summary

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    President Trump pardons 1,500 Jan. 6 prisoners, orders immediate release

    President Donald Trump pardoned approximately 1,500 people who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The order grants full, complete and unconditional pardons to most of those convicted in connection with the riot, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who had been sentenced to 22 […]

  • Ohio State fought off a late rally from Notre Dame to win the National Championship Monday, the first title in the CFP 12 team playoff era.
    Sports
    Jan 21

    Ohio State wins national championship, beats Notre Dame 34-23

    Ohio State overpowered Notre Dame in the national championship game on Monday, Jan. 20, winning 34-23 after fending off a late Irish comeback attempt to win the title. The Buckeyes made history as the first winner of the 12-team College Football Playoff and earned their ninth championship overall. Ohio State’s first 10 minutes did not […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Tuesday

    Test Post

    Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem […]

  • Marco Rubio was confirmed as secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first Trump cabinet pick to receive congressional approval.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Senate confirms Marco Rubio as President Trump’s secretary of state

    The Senate confirmed Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., as the next secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first of President Donald Trump’s cabinet picks to receive congressional approval. The vote followed a unanimous recommendation earlier in the day by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Rubio, a senator since 2011 and a first-generation […]

  • Thursday

    Man walks on moon

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat […]


Demo mode ×