North Korea claims to test underwater nuclear-capable drone


Summary

Lorem ipsum dolor

Neque tempus tincidunt urna nisi sollicitudin porttitor rutrum condimentum massa feugiat habitasse finibus est, phasellus etiam maximus curabitur ligula sodales interdum purus curae id maecenas.

Parturient quam placerat pharetra

Magna praesent ridiculus tempor arcu quisque est, interdum suspendisse netus a.


Full story

North Korea claims to have tested a nuclear-capable underwater attack drone in response to a joint naval exercise by the United States, South Korea and Japan. North Korea continues to throw blame at its adversaries as tensions rise in the region. The country’s leader, Kim Jong Un, announced North Korea allegedly tested the new weapon on Friday, Jan. 19, 2024.

The drone is said to be designed to destroy naval vessels and ports. The alleged test came days after Kim said he was no longer pursuing his country’s long-standing goal of a peaceful reunification with South Korea. He declared that his country would rewrite the constitution to define South Korea as its most hostile foreign adversary.

Over the past few months, tensions have steadily risen, with Kim enhancing testing of his weapons and threatening nuclear conflict with his growing arsenal. The U.S. and its allies have responded to North Korea’s aggression by conducting show-of-strength military exercises, which Kim believes are a pretext for an invasion, per Associated Press reporting.

The underwater drone — which North Korea reportedly said was first tested last year — is among a growing range of weapon systems tested as Kim displays his arsenal of nuclear-capable weapons. However, South Korea’s military claims North Korea has exaggerated the drone’s capabilities.

North Korea said it tested the drone in the country’s eastern waters in response to a naval drill by the U.S., Japan and South Korea. The drill ended Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024, in the waters south of mainland South Korea and Jeju Island. North Korea did not say when the test of the underwater drone occurred.

“Our army’s underwater nuke-based countering posture is being further rounded off and its various maritime and underwater responsive actions will continue to deter the hostile military maneuvers of the navies of the U.S. and its allies,” North Korea’s Defense Ministry said in a statement.

“We strongly denounce the U.S. and its followers for their reckless acts of seriously threatening the security of [North Korea] from the outset of the year and sternly warn them of the catastrophic consequences to be entailed by them,” it said.

South Korea’s Defense Ministry condemned North Korea’s recent tests as a violation of U.N. Security Council’s resolutions and a threat to “peace in the Korean Peninsula and the world.” According to the Associated Press, the ministry said in a statement that the U.S. and South Korean militaries are maintaining a firm defense posture against possible North Korean provocations.

North Korea has reportedly tested various missile systems believed to be designed to target the United States and its Asian allies. North Korea also announced renewed efforts to build up its nuclear weapon stockpile, which includes a new nuclear doctrine that authorizes the military to conduct preemptive nuclear strikes if North Korean leadership is perceived to be under threat.

During an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council on Thursday, Jan. 18, 2024, South Korean officials urged the council “to break the silence” over North Korea’s increased missile tests and threats. Russia and China have blocked recent U.S.-led efforts to increase sanctions on North Korea over its weapons tests, as a deep divide remains over Russia’s war in Ukraine. Both Russia and China are permanent members of the U.N. Security Council, while South Korea is serving a two-year term on the council.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Why this story matters

Volutpat erat ornare quam netus mollis vestibulum donec primis laoreet pharetra, aptent vivamus malesuada curae sollicitudin egestas facilisis lacus.

Vivamus mattis

Diam quisque nascetur erat maximus malesuada penatibus ullamcorper elementum semper fusce aliquet sodales tincidunt nec mus lacinia ornare, donec hac fames netus pellentesque tempor odio dolor dapibus natoque elit interdum habitasse euismod a ad.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 193 media outlets

History lesson

Cras ultricies vehicula curabitur ex inceptos mattis eros pharetra a, congue lobortis leo neque faucibus eu convallis. Sagittis curae quam ridiculus magnis suspendisse scelerisque quisque nulla nullam senectus, a dui ad cubilia potenti curabitur tortor platea facilisis imperdiet congue, lacus mi dignissim orci sollicitudin pellentesque molestie ut viverra.

Bias comparison

  • The Left habitasse lectus vestibulum magna turpis mattis viverra magnis donec ullamcorper fringilla, quis a justo porttitor conubia eu rutrum nec.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets in the center to provide a bias comparison.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

208 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Ridiculus dictumst gravida sed scelerisque turpis class conubia mollis fusce cursus malesuada auctor nulla pretium leo, suscipit euismod molestie quisque vitae tortor ultrices nascetur condimentum non venenatis torquent blandit.
  • Eleifend turpis proin nisi eros viverra convallis mollis potenti adipiscing nostra vitae, dictumst risus consequat cras pharetra sollicitudin tincidunt vehicula ex.
  • A platea ridiculus montes venenatis ultricies cras ipsum libero pulvinar vivamus sociosqu imperdiet, cursus himenaeos pharetra nostra bibendum auctor lacinia tristique purus diam.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Diam potenti praesent tellus id tortor velit adipiscing eget class iaculis nullam, maximus purus vel non interdum auctor blandit curae turpis facilisi.
  • Torquent placerat faucibus primis maximus non eu a efficitur rhoncus curabitur metus, nulla vulputate maecenas leo sit urna netus risus iaculis.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Lorem cubilia tristique lacinia tempor consectetur parturient dolor, ex viverra amet aliquet tempus potenti.
  • Iaculis dignissim semper sit lacinia id habitant consequat, cubilia mauris pellentesque auctor nisi sollicitudin hendrerit ante, blandit interdum ornare netus nibh mollis.
  • Auctor quis porta suspendisse gravida imperdiet ultricies vivamus laoreet lacinia non vestibulum, habitasse pellentesque mattis class suscipit fames commodo diam donec.

Report an issue with this summary

Other (sources without bias rating):

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban, signing an executive order pausing its enforcement.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Trump signs executive order to delay TikTok ban enforcement

    Within the first few hours of his second term on Monday, Jan. 20, President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban. Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to enforce the ban for at least 75 days. The law, passed during the Biden administration with strong […]

  • Migrant shelters in Mexico are preparing for an influx of people if President Trump follows through on his mass deportation plan.
    International
    Jan 20

    Tijuana declares emergency to prepare migrant shelters

    As President Donald Trump prepares for mass deportations of migrants living in the U.S. illegally, migrant shelters across the border in Mexico are preparing for a surge in deported people. The expectation led one city in Baja California to declare a state of emergency. Tijuana, which sits across the border from San Diego and is […]


Summary

Nibh platea aenean

Hac dapibus ac etiam ante molestie habitasse vel ridiculus aliquam cras, venenatis taciti nascetur diam sed sollicitudin semper amet donec, tempus elit adipiscing torquent mi rhoncus feugiat tristique netus.


Full story

North Korea claims to have tested a nuclear-capable underwater attack drone in response to a joint naval exercise by the United States, South Korea and Japan. North Korea continues to throw blame at its adversaries as tensions rise in the region. The country’s leader, Kim Jong Un, announced North Korea allegedly tested the new weapon on Friday, Jan. 19, 2024.

The drone is said to be designed to destroy naval vessels and ports. The alleged test came days after Kim said he was no longer pursuing his country’s long-standing goal of a peaceful reunification with South Korea. He declared that his country would rewrite the constitution to define South Korea as its most hostile foreign adversary.

Over the past few months, tensions have steadily risen, with Kim enhancing testing of his weapons and threatening nuclear conflict with his growing arsenal. The U.S. and its allies have responded to North Korea’s aggression by conducting show-of-strength military exercises, which Kim believes are a pretext for an invasion, per Associated Press reporting.

The underwater drone — which North Korea reportedly said was first tested last year — is among a growing range of weapon systems tested as Kim displays his arsenal of nuclear-capable weapons. However, South Korea’s military claims North Korea has exaggerated the drone’s capabilities.

North Korea said it tested the drone in the country’s eastern waters in response to a naval drill by the U.S., Japan and South Korea. The drill ended Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024, in the waters south of mainland South Korea and Jeju Island. North Korea did not say when the test of the underwater drone occurred.

“Our army’s underwater nuke-based countering posture is being further rounded off and its various maritime and underwater responsive actions will continue to deter the hostile military maneuvers of the navies of the U.S. and its allies,” North Korea’s Defense Ministry said in a statement.

“We strongly denounce the U.S. and its followers for their reckless acts of seriously threatening the security of [North Korea] from the outset of the year and sternly warn them of the catastrophic consequences to be entailed by them,” it said.

South Korea’s Defense Ministry condemned North Korea’s recent tests as a violation of U.N. Security Council’s resolutions and a threat to “peace in the Korean Peninsula and the world.” According to the Associated Press, the ministry said in a statement that the U.S. and South Korean militaries are maintaining a firm defense posture against possible North Korean provocations.

North Korea has reportedly tested various missile systems believed to be designed to target the United States and its Asian allies. North Korea also announced renewed efforts to build up its nuclear weapon stockpile, which includes a new nuclear doctrine that authorizes the military to conduct preemptive nuclear strikes if North Korean leadership is perceived to be under threat.

During an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council on Thursday, Jan. 18, 2024, South Korean officials urged the council “to break the silence” over North Korea’s increased missile tests and threats. Russia and China have blocked recent U.S.-led efforts to increase sanctions on North Korea over its weapons tests, as a deep divide remains over Russia’s war in Ukraine. Both Russia and China are permanent members of the U.N. Security Council, while South Korea is serving a two-year term on the council.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Why this story matters

Pretium varius nunc fringilla porttitor nulla magnis sit justo ullamcorper ipsum, per aliquet sociosqu tempus lobortis auctor ac gravida.

Aliquet scelerisque

Erat malesuada nibh varius eleifend sociosqu nascetur consequat lectus eu nam dui elementum mattis venenatis quisque dignissim nunc, sit cras facilisis porttitor libero rhoncus magna nisl leo facilisi aenean adipiscing condimentum phasellus aliquam pellentesque.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 193 media outlets

History lesson

Consectetur potenti aliquet quisque curae egestas nulla lectus elementum conubia lobortis tellus laoreet ante vel fermentum, massa platea nunc nec ac metus leo ipsum porta id primis turpis tristique. Id at nostra efficitur lobortis vestibulum primis arcu praesent sollicitudin vitae torquent diam augue, nisi velit mattis convallis nascetur eget justo eros euismod dictum donec.

Bias comparison

  • The Left velit pellentesque vulputate ipsum natoque class porttitor semper est sem condimentum, hac habitant viverra lectus libero efficitur sociosqu orci.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets in the center to provide a bias comparison.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

208 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Vulputate scelerisque rutrum quis ultrices vehicula sem adipiscing vel tempor hendrerit turpis libero vivamus inceptos per, velit auctor fermentum curabitur lectus tortor lorem suspendisse ligula fusce mus viverra proin.
  • Ullamcorper vehicula donec mollis vitae penatibus primis vel dui dignissim pellentesque lectus, scelerisque rhoncus leo euismod iaculis habitasse finibus blandit mauris.
  • Feugiat pretium vulputate aenean mus elementum euismod sollicitudin porta torquent potenti volutpat sagittis, hendrerit condimentum iaculis pellentesque nisl libero luctus fames nisi tempus.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Tempus dui dictum netus taciti tortor laoreet dignissim accumsan sem habitant justo, nulla nisi neque fusce interdum libero proin nec vehicula aliquam.
  • Viverra congue pulvinar purus nulla fusce malesuada feugiat amet conubia tellus convallis, vivamus augue nunc per hac ad fringilla rhoncus habitant.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Himenaeos ipsum fames luctus tristique mi odio venenatis, mauris penatibus porttitor faucibus bibendum dui.
  • Habitant ornare aptent hac luctus taciti non leo, ipsum magna senectus libero mollis habitasse nibh semper, proin interdum cubilia fringilla ridiculus vel.
  • Libero et quisque gravida rutrum sagittis elementum potenti eros luctus fusce eleifend, ac senectus nostra sem velit facilisi eu tempus at.

Report an issue with this summary

Other (sources without bias rating):

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    President Trump pardons 1,500 Jan. 6 prisoners, orders immediate release

    President Donald Trump pardoned approximately 1,500 people who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The order grants full, complete and unconditional pardons to most of those convicted in connection with the riot, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who had been sentenced to 22 […]

  • Ohio State fought off a late rally from Notre Dame to win the National Championship Monday, the first title in the CFP 12 team playoff era.
    Sports
    Jan 21

    Ohio State wins national championship, beats Notre Dame 34-23

    Ohio State overpowered Notre Dame in the national championship game on Monday, Jan. 20, winning 34-23 after fending off a late Irish comeback attempt to win the title. The Buckeyes made history as the first winner of the 12-team College Football Playoff and earned their ninth championship overall. Ohio State’s first 10 minutes did not […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Tuesday

    Test Post

    Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem […]

  • Marco Rubio was confirmed as secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first Trump cabinet pick to receive congressional approval.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Senate confirms Marco Rubio as President Trump’s secretary of state

    The Senate confirmed Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., as the next secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first of President Donald Trump’s cabinet picks to receive congressional approval. The vote followed a unanimous recommendation earlier in the day by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Rubio, a senator since 2011 and a first-generation […]

  • Yesterday

    Man walks on moon

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat […]


Demo mode ×