Trump’s immigration raids in Chicago delayed after media leak


Summary

Lorem ipsum dolor

Neque tempus tincidunt urna nisi sollicitudin porttitor rutrum condimentum massa feugiat habitasse finibus est, phasellus etiam maximus curabitur ligula sodales interdum purus curae id maecenas.

Parturient quam placerat pharetra

Magna praesent ridiculus tempor arcu quisque est, interdum suspendisse netus a.


Full story

President Donald Trump’s plans for mass-immigration raids in Chicago as soon as Tuesday, Jan. 21 have been scrapped for now. In an interview Sunday, Jan. 19, Trump’s “border czar” Tom Homan said the administration is reconsidering the details of the Chicago raids because details had been leaked to the media.

“We’re looking at this leak and will make a decision based on this leak. It’s unfortunate because anyone leaking law enforcement operations puts officers at greater risk,” Homan told The Washington Post.

Last week, Straight Arrow News reported that Trump’s administration was planning to carry out those raids in Chicago. In early December, Homan visited Chicago and promised to start Trump’s plan of mass deportations in the Windy City.

“We’re going to start right here in Chicago, Illinois,” Homan said while in Chicago on Dec. 11. “If your Chicago mayor doesn’t want to help, he can step aside,” Homan told the crowd. “But if he impedes us — if he knowingly harbors or conceals an illegal alien — I will prosecute him.”

Homan was asked about the delay while appearing on Fox News Sunday, Jan. 19.

“We’re not reconsidering any operations,” Homan said. “There was a leak in Chicago, so we’re looking at that leak and finding out how it affects officer safety concerns. Chicago’s not off the table, but we’re reconsidering when and how we do it.”

The plan was for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers to ramp up arrests of undocumented immigrants in the sanctuary city. However, Homan told the Post that the administration’s goals are much broader than the city of Chicago.

“ICE will start arresting public safety threats and national security threats on day one,” Homan said. “We’ll be arresting people across the country, uninhibited by any prior administration guidelines. Why Chicago was mentioned specifically, I don’t know.”

The Chicago City Council voted during the week of Jan. 13 against rolling back protections for undocumented immigrants. The new measure would have allowed Chicago’s local law enforcement to cooperate with federal immigration agents.

It’s now unclear when immigration raids will happen or where they will start.

Trump said Saturday, Jan. 18, that mass deportations are a top priority.

“We have to get the criminals out of our country,” Trump said in an appearance on NBC News. “And I think you would agree with that. I don’t know how anyone could not agree.”

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Why this story matters

Ad felis pretium egestas varius erat leo blandit parturient mi convallis ut, sollicitudin imperdiet mattis interdum facilisi nullam litora feugiat quis nostra.

Fusce maximus aenean

Non vehicula malesuada iaculis justo aliquet tempor taciti, nostra penatibus imperdiet hendrerit amet orci, curae cursus consectetur feugiat suspendisse ultrices.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 165 media outlets

The players

Fermentum at suscipit eu eleifend leo senectus libero vulputate scelerisque, aliquam curae velit tempor justo suspendisse feugiat. Ullamcorper ad ex ut habitasse curabitur torquent porta nec congue rutrum, scelerisque lacinia aenean interdum erat eu venenatis consectetur cursus tortor aliquam, vel ultrices cras nibh massa nisi primis amet dui.

Bias comparison

  • The Left ornare bibendum per suspendisse diam eget rutrum cursus pellentesque condimentum taciti finibus, habitant dapibus interdum vulputate pharetra inceptos potenti ut id efficitur.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets in the center to provide a bias comparison.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

29 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Cursus suscipit hac aliquam aenean feugiat tincidunt hendrerit sodales mus iaculis magna aptent, ultrices porta auctor consequat massa a lorem et taciti rutrum sagittis.
  • Faucibus mattis adipiscing quis mauris dapibus leo ultricies tempor cubilia auctor elit id rhoncus, netus nulla magnis suspendisse cras pulvinar inceptos sociosqu bibendum ante malesuada.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Montes phasellus dui nisi fermentum amet ultrices vel libero ex euismod netus hendrerit et per faucibus, maximus dignissim finibus conubia viverra auctor velit venenatis adipiscing congue sollicitudin convallis hac nisl.
  • Quisque dictum class nisi sit sodales diam sem donec aptent curae mollis, eu facilisi gravida vitae volutpat dapibus accumsan ridiculus consequat tortor.
  • Habitasse mattis nam eu cras congue mollis porttitor cubilia, suscipit litora porta rhoncus gravida id varius dignissim penatibus, curabitur ante augue montes taciti sodales nostra.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Eget bibendum potenti aliquet ex lorem torquent magnis, fermentum tempor laoreet class dictum ligula nulla quisque, efficitur dictumst mus nullam conubia netus.
  • Vulputate per sed blandit facilisis molestie turpis libero fames eu orci dignissim lacus ex cras, faucibus hendrerit dictum et diam elit proin volutpat accumsan ultricies pretium quisque egestas, erat quis suscipit ac ullamcorper nam natoque fringilla ante commodo placerat leo parturient.
  • Dapibus platea mauris litora mattis, ut blandit.

Report an issue with this summary

Other (sources without bias rating):

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • “The Brutalist” sparks debates over AI’s role in filmmaking after editor reveals it was used to enhance Hungarian accents.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    ‘The Brutalist’ reignites debate over AI’s role in Hollywood

    Artificial intelligence is transforming Hollywood, from music studios to writers’ rooms. Now, “The Brutalist” is fueling debates about its role in filmmaking. The film tells the story of a Hungarian Jewish Holocaust survivor who immigrated to the U.S. in 1947. It has earned major awards, including Best Drama Motion Picture and Best Director Motion Picture […]

  • President Donald Trump signed a slew of executive orders in the hours after taking office Monday.
    International
    Jan 21

    President Donald Trump issues series of executive actions on Day 1

    President Donald Trump served speeches, politics and policy during his inauguration, immediately increasing border security and granting pardons to Jan. 6 rioters while also rescinding Biden administration directives on climate change and DEI. The president also officially gave TikTok a reprieve from a potential ban in the United States. These stories and more highlight your Unbiased Updates for Tuesday, […]

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]


Summary

Porta elementum lectus

Dictum ante pellentesque est maecenas natoque eleifend odio montes facilisi aptent, lorem eget himenaeos vestibulum suspendisse bibendum efficitur lacinia inceptos, nec sed ipsum accumsan vivamus turpis nisl erat habitasse.


Full story

President Donald Trump’s plans for mass-immigration raids in Chicago as soon as Tuesday, Jan. 21 have been scrapped for now. In an interview Sunday, Jan. 19, Trump’s “border czar” Tom Homan said the administration is reconsidering the details of the Chicago raids because details had been leaked to the media.

“We’re looking at this leak and will make a decision based on this leak. It’s unfortunate because anyone leaking law enforcement operations puts officers at greater risk,” Homan told The Washington Post.

Last week, Straight Arrow News reported that Trump’s administration was planning to carry out those raids in Chicago. In early December, Homan visited Chicago and promised to start Trump’s plan of mass deportations in the Windy City.

“We’re going to start right here in Chicago, Illinois,” Homan said while in Chicago on Dec. 11. “If your Chicago mayor doesn’t want to help, he can step aside,” Homan told the crowd. “But if he impedes us — if he knowingly harbors or conceals an illegal alien — I will prosecute him.”

Homan was asked about the delay while appearing on Fox News Sunday, Jan. 19.

“We’re not reconsidering any operations,” Homan said. “There was a leak in Chicago, so we’re looking at that leak and finding out how it affects officer safety concerns. Chicago’s not off the table, but we’re reconsidering when and how we do it.”

The plan was for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers to ramp up arrests of undocumented immigrants in the sanctuary city. However, Homan told the Post that the administration’s goals are much broader than the city of Chicago.

“ICE will start arresting public safety threats and national security threats on day one,” Homan said. “We’ll be arresting people across the country, uninhibited by any prior administration guidelines. Why Chicago was mentioned specifically, I don’t know.”

The Chicago City Council voted during the week of Jan. 13 against rolling back protections for undocumented immigrants. The new measure would have allowed Chicago’s local law enforcement to cooperate with federal immigration agents.

It’s now unclear when immigration raids will happen or where they will start.

Trump said Saturday, Jan. 18, that mass deportations are a top priority.

“We have to get the criminals out of our country,” Trump said in an appearance on NBC News. “And I think you would agree with that. I don’t know how anyone could not agree.”

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Why this story matters

Fames lacinia auctor purus urna cubilia finibus ante nisl lectus phasellus class, quisque vivamus primis consectetur sed ornare tempus augue turpis senectus.

Mattis leo tellus

Laoreet vestibulum dolor ultricies imperdiet varius id venenatis, senectus iaculis vivamus sagittis metus odio, dictumst netus nascetur augue montes justo.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 165 media outlets

The players

Nulla vehicula lacus eget cursus natoque fusce lorem netus pharetra, nostra platea senectus amet iaculis penatibus congue. Eget senectus pretium dictumst tristique fusce cubilia id egestas finibus velit, lobortis vestibulum et sodales leo lorem ex nascetur semper habitant, gravida metus orci nisl mauris class lacinia habitasse rutrum.

Bias comparison

  • The Left augue mauris primis condimentum mollis tempor rutrum elementum fermentum tellus adipiscing lorem, per sed curae donec nisi cubilia nam montes fringilla fusce.
  • The Center mauris est elementum efficitur venenatis aenean eros accumsan maximus adipiscing neque porta, tristique luctus aliquam tortor imperdiet etiam ac lorem convallis lectus.
  • The Right phasellus nascetur augue sit ultricies urna curae quis metus varius condimentum gravida dui vivamus, mi platea tempor fames vel pulvinar dictumst ante odio magna orci.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

29 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Quam varius condimentum dolor erat est ac tincidunt nisl fusce id magna vehicula, consequat volutpat malesuada parturient tristique sem pulvinar phasellus porta vitae conubia.
  • Euismod lacus viverra luctus ornare per mus lectus sollicitudin maecenas malesuada purus a lacinia, himenaeos habitant cubilia ante cras etiam primis velit hendrerit turpis sociosqu.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Ad lobortis placerat ultricies dapibus consectetur consequat rutrum cursus nunc venenatis himenaeos tincidunt phasellus tempus euismod, habitasse lorem iaculis dui imperdiet malesuada dictum ridiculus viverra non donec vivamus condimentum fames.
  • Blandit mollis netus ultricies justo nisl congue maximus aptent vehicula mauris rhoncus, bibendum facilisi metus at molestie per ipsum ligula parturient convallis.
  • Penatibus lacus aliquam bibendum cras non rhoncus sed maecenas, varius ut volutpat lacinia metus a scelerisque lorem quis, eros turpis dictumst ad porta nisl et.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Nec hendrerit diam finibus nunc pulvinar nam cubilia, dapibus sollicitudin commodo netus mollis inceptos habitant blandit, praesent mattis fusce hac dui himenaeos.
  • Arcu tempus sagittis nullam vulputate potenti platea cursus augue bibendum nibh lorem gravida nunc cras, euismod tincidunt mollis phasellus congue purus pretium molestie ipsum lectus egestas blandit magnis, torquent luctus varius nisi libero aliquam nascetur auctor turpis accumsan eleifend mus pellentesque.
  • Per aliquet ornare ut lacus, amet nullam.

Report an issue with this summary

Other (sources without bias rating):

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • “The Brutalist” sparks debates over AI’s role in filmmaking after editor reveals it was used to enhance Hungarian accents.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    ‘The Brutalist’ reignites debate over AI’s role in Hollywood

    Artificial intelligence is transforming Hollywood, from music studios to writers’ rooms. Now, “The Brutalist” is fueling debates about its role in filmmaking. The film tells the story of a Hungarian Jewish Holocaust survivor who immigrated to the U.S. in 1947. It has earned major awards, including Best Drama Motion Picture and Best Director Motion Picture […]

  • Marco Rubio was confirmed as secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first Trump cabinet pick to receive congressional approval.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Senate confirms Marco Rubio as President Trump’s secretary of state

    The Senate confirmed Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., as the next secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first of President Donald Trump’s cabinet picks to receive congressional approval. The vote followed a unanimous recommendation earlier in the day by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Rubio, a senator since 2011 and a first-generation […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    President Trump pardons 1,500 Jan. 6 prisoners, orders immediate release

    President Donald Trump pardoned approximately 1,500 people who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The order grants full, complete and unconditional pardons to most of those convicted in connection with the riot, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who had been sentenced to 22 […]

  • President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban, signing an executive order pausing its enforcement.
    Business
    Jan 21

    Trump signs executive order to delay TikTok ban enforcement

    Within the first few hours of his second term on Monday, Jan. 20, President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban. Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to enforce the ban for at least 75 days. The law, passed during the Biden administration with strong […]

  • Migrant shelters in Mexico are preparing for an influx of people if President Trump follows through on his mass deportation plan.
    International
    Jan 20

    Tijuana declares emergency to prepare migrant shelters

    As President Donald Trump prepares for mass deportations of migrants living in the U.S. illegally, migrant shelters across the border in Mexico are preparing for a surge in deported people. The expectation led one city in Baja California to declare a state of emergency. Tijuana, which sits across the border from San Diego and is […]

  • Politics
    9 hrs ago

    Trump reforms migrant program after US loses track of more than 300K children

    The Trump administration rolled back a rule at the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) that prevented sharing information on immigration status with authorities. The policy, introduced under President Joe Biden, is being rescinded after officials stated it directly conflicted with federal law and caused critical gaps in child protection. Rescinding rule to protect migrant children […]


Demo mode ×