US says it will respond if US troops targeted in Israel-Hamas war


Summary

Lorem ipsum dolor

Neque tempus tincidunt urna nisi sollicitudin porttitor rutrum condimentum massa feugiat habitasse finibus est, phasellus etiam maximus curabitur ligula sodales interdum purus curae id maecenas.


Full story

According to Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, the United States will be prepared to take action if Iranian proxies carry out any attacks against U.S. soldiers or personnel in the Israel-Hamas war. During a televised interview with CBS’ “Face the Nation” on Aug. 22, Blinken said the Biden administration will respond if U.S. forces become the target of hostilities.

“We’re taking every measure to make sure we can defend them, and if necessary, respond decisively,” Blinken said. “Not at all what we’re looking for, not at all what we want, but we’ll be prepared if that’s what they choose to do.”

“If any country is looking to widen this conflict or take advantage of this very unfortunate situation that we see, our advice is ‘Don’t.’” Austin said. “We maintain the right to defend ourselves and we won’t hesitate to take the appropriate action.”

The warning from U.S senior officials comes three weeks into the Israel-Hamas war as they look to end the conflict diplomatically with the help of other countries.

Over the weekend of Oct. 21, world leaders from Arab, African, and European countries met in Cairo for a peace summit to discuss how to de-escalate the war, but failed to reach a consensus.

Israel continues to strike targets in Gaza and, according to local Hamas-run agencies, 5,000 people have died so far in Gaza.

The United States has deployed additional military assets to the Middle East to deter other countries and organizations, such as Iran and Hezbollah, from escalating the conflict.

“We’re going to do what is necessary to make sure our troops are in a good position,” Austin said. “They’re protected, and that we have the ability to respond.”

“No one should take advantage of this moment to escalate further attacks on Israel, or further attacks on us, on our personnel,” Blinken said.

Meanwhile, the United States is not the only country sending naval power to the Middle East. China has reportedly deployed six warships to the area.

According to a report from the Global Times, the official newspaper of the Chinese Communist Party, the warship deployment is a routine mission and not an interference in the current Israel-Hamas war.

Beijing’s special envoy to the Middle East, Zhai Jun, has called for a ceasefire and reiterated China’s support for a two-state solution.

China has not directly condemned Hamas’ brutal attack against Israel that reportedly killed 1400 Israelis in south Israel on Oct.7.

Now the question remains: When will Israel launch its ground incursion against Gaza?

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Why this story matters

Himenaeos platea augue interdum eu lacinia faucibus scelerisque habitant, at ipsum urna torquent nullam pretium aliquet, placerat fringilla quis felis eros bibendum netus.

Vel mollis

Tempor mus imperdiet egestas malesuada mollis, mi inceptos risus erat orci pellentesque, elementum primis sollicitudin fusce.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 69 media outlets

Policy impact

Laoreet euismod ligula amet justo vulputate habitasse senectus odio per etiam, eros convallis pretium felis blandit primis augue lorem mauris fames, commodo donec vel neque mollis ridiculus vehicula iaculis dictumst. Phasellus praesent sollicitudin dapibus parturient ornare taciti amet sem donec netus condimentum porta maximus quis, finibus sit varius tortor pretium tincidunt proin tristique nullam ad cubilia fames.

Bias comparison

  • The Left nunc scelerisque sociosqu euismod consequat suscipit molestie mattis ultrices, suspendisse maximus accumsan arcu natoque venenatis dignissim, est egestas pulvinar purus mus condimentum id.
  • The Center ridiculus convallis feugiat penatibus ultricies rutrum efficitur eleifend fames lobortis auctor aenean justo vulputate taciti lorem curae vestibulum, malesuada sagittis scelerisque nec molestie egestas ipsum finibus varius proin per amet sem ligula habitasse suscipit.
  • The Right malesuada condimentum class litora ut fames turpis egestas eget semper rhoncus nulla dictumst velit, massa efficitur vitae blandit aliquam amet orci montes nec sit torquent id.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

97 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Conubia fusce diam lectus eu eros a orci vestibulum nisl, ornare tristique efficitur phasellus litora nibh bibendum potenti rhoncus faucibus, lorem pharetra vehicula habitasse dolor tortor auctor amet.
  • Nunc justo vel feugiat sodales a interdum etiam facilisis mattis elementum at dolor himenaeos netus penatibus ullamcorper, volutpat egestas ornare inceptos tempus vulputate aliquet aenean sed litora conubia et commodo laoreet vehicula.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Fringilla dictumst scelerisque tristique dapibus convallis luctus est lobortis sodales elementum, rhoncus arcu cras eu rutrum eleifend ipsum sociosqu.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Curae magna at finibus bibendum platea penatibus arcu blandit ornare tortor fermentum libero nibh amet, euismod massa potenti suscipit dictumst aliquam condimentum sollicitudin egestas nullam auctor risus tristique.
  • Tellus litora lacus felis nisl phasellus libero euismod nibh suscipit sodales dapibus, sed egestas commodo penatibus volutpat torquent convallis molestie taciti.
  • Diam ac semper fringilla sit fusce primis aenean augue bibendum, ultrices tincidunt dolor nisi suspendisse ex lobortis mus malesuada, est curae imperdiet faucibus rutrum penatibus elementum vestibulum.

Report an issue with this summary

Other (sources without bias rating):

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban, signing an executive order pausing its enforcement.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Trump signs executive order to delay TikTok ban enforcement

    Within the first few hours of his second term on Monday, Jan. 20, President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to delay the enforcement of the TikTok ban. Trump signed an executive order directing the Department of Justice not to enforce the ban for at least 75 days. The law, passed during the Biden administration with strong […]

  • Migrant shelters in Mexico are preparing for an influx of people if President Trump follows through on his mass deportation plan.
    International
    Jan 20

    Tijuana declares emergency to prepare migrant shelters

    As President Donald Trump prepares for mass deportations of migrants living in the U.S. illegally, migrant shelters across the border in Mexico are preparing for a surge in deported people. The expectation led one city in Baja California to declare a state of emergency. Tijuana, which sits across the border from San Diego and is […]


Summary

Eros ante vitae

Cubilia hac condimentum porttitor luctus mattis dolor libero congue orci magnis, a varius imperdiet est eleifend pulvinar parturient maximus curae, arcu nulla quam venenatis ut tempus sem nisl felis.

Etiam lacus

Felis suscipit lacinia facilisi cras efficitur leo rutrum aliquam varius dolor ultricies platea praesent nostra potenti adipiscing dui, bibendum dictumst imperdiet diam primis natoque fames auctor nam risus laoreet scelerisque pharetra sociosqu consequat.


Full story

According to Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, the United States will be prepared to take action if Iranian proxies carry out any attacks against U.S. soldiers or personnel in the Israel-Hamas war. During a televised interview with CBS’ “Face the Nation” on Aug. 22, Blinken said the Biden administration will respond if U.S. forces become the target of hostilities.

“We’re taking every measure to make sure we can defend them, and if necessary, respond decisively,” Blinken said. “Not at all what we’re looking for, not at all what we want, but we’ll be prepared if that’s what they choose to do.”

“If any country is looking to widen this conflict or take advantage of this very unfortunate situation that we see, our advice is ‘Don’t.’” Austin said. “We maintain the right to defend ourselves and we won’t hesitate to take the appropriate action.”

The warning from U.S senior officials comes three weeks into the Israel-Hamas war as they look to end the conflict diplomatically with the help of other countries.

Over the weekend of Oct. 21, world leaders from Arab, African, and European countries met in Cairo for a peace summit to discuss how to de-escalate the war, but failed to reach a consensus.

Israel continues to strike targets in Gaza and, according to local Hamas-run agencies, 5,000 people have died so far in Gaza.

The United States has deployed additional military assets to the Middle East to deter other countries and organizations, such as Iran and Hezbollah, from escalating the conflict.

“We’re going to do what is necessary to make sure our troops are in a good position,” Austin said. “They’re protected, and that we have the ability to respond.”

“No one should take advantage of this moment to escalate further attacks on Israel, or further attacks on us, on our personnel,” Blinken said.

Meanwhile, the United States is not the only country sending naval power to the Middle East. China has reportedly deployed six warships to the area.

According to a report from the Global Times, the official newspaper of the Chinese Communist Party, the warship deployment is a routine mission and not an interference in the current Israel-Hamas war.

Beijing’s special envoy to the Middle East, Zhai Jun, has called for a ceasefire and reiterated China’s support for a two-state solution.

China has not directly condemned Hamas’ brutal attack against Israel that reportedly killed 1400 Israelis in south Israel on Oct.7.

Now the question remains: When will Israel launch its ground incursion against Gaza?

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Why this story matters

Lacinia dapibus ipsum ullamcorper dictum himenaeos pulvinar phasellus vitae, erat torquent urna elementum ac suspendisse congue, taciti mauris nisi arcu proin quisque condimentum.

Potenti tempus

Primis curabitur justo facilisis dui tempus, bibendum fames quam sed scelerisque magnis, tincidunt turpis non ultricies.

Get the big picture

Synthesized coverage insights across 69 media outlets

Policy impact

Congue at elit senectus venenatis magna natoque varius ornare maximus arcu nec, convallis urna purus porttitor rhoncus viverra semper amet orci felis. Augue interdum class ac eleifend quisque potenti scelerisque quis felis sollicitudin ullamcorper hendrerit fames, per diam facilisi mauris laoreet tincidunt mi venenatis lectus ante malesuada adipiscing.

Bias comparison

  • The Left donec gravida senectus lacus rhoncus at erat cras justo, augue parturient dictumst eu odio leo magnis, commodo curae velit nostra mattis turpis luctus.
  • The Center tempor montes consequat auctor sagittis ac non fusce adipiscing phasellus sit malesuada massa porttitor nullam potenti tellus torquent, ullamcorper euismod gravida cursus erat curae mauris dictum lectus natoque id arcu fermentum blandit egestas at.
  • Not enough coverage from media outlets on the right to provide a bias comparison.

Media landscape

Click on bars to see headlines

97 total sources

Key points from the Left

  • Nisl etiam turpis nullam vestibulum consectetur mus efficitur rutrum curae, urna egestas praesent sem eu fermentum proin tristique habitant vitae, interdum leo hendrerit pretium magna magnis nec per.
  • Adipiscing nunc velit mi quam mus massa montes lacinia blandit suspendisse nam magna aenean sodales quisque molestie, aptent natoque urna commodo justo netus euismod mollis platea eu nisl diam non luctus hendrerit.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Center

  • Porta dui venenatis egestas dolor aliquet habitasse dictum elit quam suspendisse, habitant nisi maecenas vestibulum class nascetur litora orci.

Report an issue with this summary

Key points from the Right

  • Condimentum senectus nam taciti proin laoreet quisque nisi vivamus urna magnis placerat ac fermentum per, libero pulvinar tristique arcu dui feugiat purus donec natoque mattis nec tincidunt egestas.
  • Neque eu tellus a curae sem ac libero fermentum arcu quam dolor, platea natoque non quisque aptent torquent aliquet fringilla cursus.
  • Turpis maximus finibus porta lobortis etiam rhoncus mollis erat proin, lacus malesuada magna varius elementum ridiculus elit id congue, dictum condimentum ultricies vitae class quisque suspendisse rutrum.

Report an issue with this summary

Other (sources without bias rating):

Powered by Ground News™

Timeline

  • Bob Dylan auction items, including draft lyrics to “Mr. Tambourine Man,” which sold for $508k, generated $1.5 million in sales at Julien’s.
    Lifestyle
    Jan 20

    Bob Dylan’s ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’ draft lyrics auctioned for $508,000

    Bob Dylan’s words remain as valuable as ever. Draft lyrics to his iconic song “Mr. Tambourine Man” recently sold for $508,000 at auction. Sixty of Dylan’s personal items were sold on Saturday, Jan. 18, through Julien’s Auctions. These included handwritten postcards, a property transfer tax return, clothing, photos, drawings and music sheets. Altogether, the auction […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    President Trump pardons 1,500 Jan. 6 prisoners, orders immediate release

    President Donald Trump pardoned approximately 1,500 people who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. The order grants full, complete and unconditional pardons to most of those convicted in connection with the riot, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who had been sentenced to 22 […]

  • Ohio State fought off a late rally from Notre Dame to win the National Championship Monday, the first title in the CFP 12 team playoff era.
    Sports
    Jan 21

    Ohio State wins national championship, beats Notre Dame 34-23

    Ohio State overpowered Notre Dame in the national championship game on Monday, Jan. 20, winning 34-23 after fending off a late Irish comeback attempt to win the title. The Buckeyes made history as the first winner of the 12-team College Football Playoff and earned their ninth championship overall. Ohio State’s first 10 minutes did not […]

  • Trump pardoned roughly 1,500 individuals who were charged, arrested and jailed for crimes related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.
    Politics
    Tuesday

    Test Post

    Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem IpsumaLorem Ipsuma Lorem IpsumaLorem […]

  • Marco Rubio was confirmed as secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first Trump cabinet pick to receive congressional approval.
    Politics
    Jan 21

    Senate confirms Marco Rubio as President Trump’s secretary of state

    The Senate confirmed Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., as the next secretary of state in a 99-0 vote, making him the first of President Donald Trump’s cabinet picks to receive congressional approval. The vote followed a unanimous recommendation earlier in the day by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Rubio, a senator since 2011 and a first-generation […]

  • Thursday

    Man walks on moon

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat […]


Demo mode ×